Discription

Everything Southern & So Cotton Pickin Cute

Sunday, September 25, 2011

A Simple Fall Table Runner

I love the simple ease of making this table runner.  I also love the simple clean lines of  it.  This is one of those projects that's just plain relaxing to do.
Minimal tools needed for this quick Sunday craft.  Burlap is perfect but I wanted a little cleaner look so I used a very loose weave cotton. Actually I think this was the lining for a shade.  Love to up-cycle.  This project cost  me maybe a $1.00. I already had the black paint.
I saw this project on the HGTV site.  It's just a matter of cutting the fabric 20" wide and 20" longer than the length of your table so 10" hangs off each side.  Sew a straight stitch 1" from all four edge and then pull the threads to unravel edge to that stitch.  You can even find the stencil to print and easy to follow directions, with their post.  I used black acrylic craft paint and heat set it once it was dry with the iron.  I don't think it would be washable but I haven't tried.
You can get the HGTV tutorial here.
There are so many great fall and Halloween ideas out there right now.  I'll love to see what you've found.

I hope you'll check out the great parties I'll be linking up to.


UndertheTableandDreaming







Take the time to do something special for yourself today. 
Hugs, ya'll...

6 comments:

  1. Amazing! Did you use craft paint, Tracy? Freehand the bird and branch or use a stencil? Spill the beans, girl! ;-)
    Heidi @ Show Some Decor

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you created, Tracy! Thanks for the inspiration. Happy Sunday!
    xoxo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that, Did you use a stencil? It looks awesome. Thanks, Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how crisp this stenciling is. Yes, spill the beans on how you got it so nice and precise. Inquiring minds need to know :) Saw you featured at Under the TAble and dreaming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you created, Tracy! Thanks for the inspiration. Happy Sunday! xoxo Donna

    ReplyDelete