Discription

Everything Southern & So Cotton Pickin Cute

Friday, September 9, 2011

Old Calendar, Old Frame = New Art

Nadine, my MIL likes to read.  She doesn't read books anymore but she loves reading words on your shirt, all the little ads in the corner of the TV screen, and everything else.  So I thought, I'd add a little readable art to her room and I thought you might like a peek before I take it over there.
Cheap Inexpensive and easy, that's my motto.  And what's better than free?  Nothing!!!  I just grabbed and old frame not being used (got tons of those) and sprayed it with a couple of light coats of color and then a top sealer.  I bought a bunch of art calendars at Hobby Lobby a few years ago at 90% off.  Woo-Hoo, that's number 2 on my list of favorite prices.  There are so many pretty calendars with great pictures just perfect for framing and crafting.  I thought this would be the obvious choice for Mom.

Add a some cut up lace doilies, old ribbon, buttons, flowers and whatever else you have on hand and that's it.  You now have a new piece of art.
I hope it inspires you to make something new.  There's always something that can use updating and the land fill will be grateful.

Have fun Chickies.....Tracy :)


2 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet and inexpensive idea. I really like the way you frilled it up!

    I am so pleased that you linked to Potpourri Friday. Your participation certainly makes the party more successful . I appreciate you and hope you will make this one of your regular stops each week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet piece, and you are sweet daughter-in-law. I bet she will smile each and every time she reads it.
    Hugs,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete