Discription

Everything Southern & So Cotton Pickin Cute

Monday, September 26, 2011

Jack-O-Lantern Door Hanging Ready for Halloween

Here is another up-cycle with an old item.  And it didn't cost me a dime.  Now that's my kinda price.
All you need is a half a pumpkin.  A faux pumpkin that is.  And I had plenty of those.  So up to the attic I went and came down with 2 garbage bags full.  No, I'm not a pumpkin hoarder.  Really, only about 10 pumpkins fit in 2 bags.  I've never cut one of these but how hard could it be?  
Yippee, it was my lucky day.  There was a pumpkin just waiting for me in the bag.  The heat of the attic must have gotten to it.  It was the only one in the bag that was already split apart right at the seams.  No cutting for me.  But I certainly would to make this cute guy.
I already had the black acrylic craft paint, the crow from the dollar store last year and old foliage and berries.  Yes it was a copy cat craft.  No it wasn't my brilliant idea but why change perfection.  I fell in love with this as soon as I spotted it last week.   The only problem was, once again I can't remember where I saw it.  I really would like to leave credit, so let me know if this was your design.  I saved the picture so I could repeat it but didn't save the name.  Bad me.  I  am trying to change that.

I'll be adding parties here throughout the day that I'm linking up to.


The Southern Institute


Keeping It Simple
Making
















Making Monday Marvelous Linky Party




If you create one I'd love to see it.
Happy Fall Craftin' Ya'll
xxx's....Tracy :)

5 comments:

  1. That is so cute. Great Job.

    Cheri from Its So Very Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another cute project, Tracy! You're on a roll, girl...and you gotta love a free up-cycle! I hope you've had a great day. :)
    Heidi @ Show Some Decor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea. Glad to be back among you now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is so cute! It seems like this project was meant to be, since the pumpkin was already split in half. How fortunate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saving a pic and then putting a name on it! THAT is a great idea- thanks! The craft is a great idea, too! ♥

    ReplyDelete