Discription

Everything Southern & So Cotton Pickin Cute

Monday, October 10, 2011

A Table Set For the Diva in Any Witch

I like to see what I can come up with at home, without going to the store or at the very least spending a lot of money.  And this table setting was just that.  A budget project anyone could do.
For the new generation of witches, black shoes just won't do.  So I've created something more to their liking.  

These party favors were simple to make.  I used what I had, which was a pack of really nice textured card stock, which is only $5 for a big pack at Walmart.  The packs have 30 12 x 12 pages in each one, with 10 different colors.  That makes the paper only 17 cents each!!!  Woo-Hoo!  Adding the glitter myself  is a cheap, fun and creative way to dress it up.
  
Plates to recall memories of the witches favorite poison apple movie.  Snow White of course!  And yes, I made candy apples and have so far eaten every one but these myself.  Bad Tracy, very bad!

Thin twigs bundled up, then wrapped with a homemade card.  Download vintage postcards and cut out with decorative scissors.  Rather than use my expensive printer ink, I take my downloads to our near by Staples and print a whole page of color copies for $1.00.  They even size them for me.  A little strip of muslin ties it around.  For the other, I just cut a piece of scrapbook paper with decorative scissors, made hole punches and wove a ribbon through and tied it in the back.
Designer shoes so shiny it looks as if the glitter is on the plate.  Pink for that witch who's just a little too cute.  Eat your heart out Jimmy Choo. 
Apple Green anyone?
What witch doesn't covet a purple and orange heel?  No fancy cellophane bags for the treats here?  No problem.  Use what you have, like I did.  I used little snack baggies tied with ribbon.  

Another good tip!  Head to the stores for the after season sales.  It saves to stock up on holiday patterned ribbon.  You'll be thanking yourself next year. 

I love this hurricane lantern that I won from Heidi @ Show Some Decor this summer.  This is from her Willow House collection.  Thanks Heidi, I'm enjoying it so much!!!  I filled it with apples because that's what I had on hand.  I would have loved to filled it with miniature orange and white pumpkins.  

The table runner is another no cost project since I already had the fabric and paint.  Simple as can be and even if you buy the fabric, you could do this for about $2.00 or less.
I made the 2 owl pedestal plates last month and they were cheap, cheap, cheap. Okay so an owl wouldn't say cheap, he'd say Hoo. ha-ha.  But that project was about $5.00.  And the little ceramic pumpkins were from the Dollar Tree last year?  What else but $1.00.

If you would like to see some of the projects post and even a template for the shoes, you'll find them here:
Raven Table Runner
Table Runner Tutorial
Owl Candlestick Plates
Witches Shoe Favor Tutorial - This was from Skip to my Lou
Paper Shoe Template
Paper Shoe Lining Template



I hope this encourages you to create something with what you have.
Be blessed in what surrounds you friends.
Hugs...Tracy :)

P.S.  I'll be announcing the winner of my Freschette giveaway this afternoon.  Keep watching for a new giveaway to start tonight or tomorrow.  

And don't forget about my


I'm linking up to these parties this week.











The Girl Creative

Making Monday Marvelous Linky Party



Sumo's Sweet Stuff












Tip Junkie handmade projects

Todays Creative Blog

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Wow your table is fantastic. My favorite has to be the shoes!! Fabulous! Great job.
    Candy
    candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com
    Come on over and enter my new giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun tablescape! I've got to say, the shoes are awesome and my favorite too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great table and I agree, those shoes are tres cool... beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absoolutely love the shoes. They could made and used for any occasion. I am going to print out this tutorial. I have the same dollar treet ceramic pumpkins. I am enjoying them this year. Hugs, to you, Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excuse the error in spelling. Don't know what I was doing or thinking. Hugs, Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful shoes!!!

    Hop'n by from 'Creative Bloggers Party & Hop'. I'm following your blog now, wont you please come and follow me back?? ~KM

    Krafty Max Originals

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the shoes! What girl doesn't love shoes? Witches included!

    Kim
    www.todayismysome-day.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete