Discription

Everything Southern & So Cotton Pickin Cute

Monday, October 3, 2011

The Holidays Are Coming Fast - Is Your House Ready?

Where did this year go?  
It's the first week of October and I'm wondering how that happened.  Already I'm thinking about how many holiday get together's and how many visitors come with the season.  I love the holidays that come back to back at this time of year but it can be stressful too.  I really thought I'd be further along with my To Do List than I am.  So now  it's time to get in high gear.  I found myself sanding my front door today getting it ready to varnish.  I mean, that is the first thing that you see when you visit.

Thank goodness the photo's above and below are not what you'll see at our house.

No these aren't pictures of my house, I got these from the HGTV website.  Though if you saw me in the middle of a craft project it might come close.  

Even though our houses might not be this bad, I'm sure that they could use a little sprucing up.  Forget spring cleaning, all the company visits now.  Trying to do it all at once, the week before the guest come, while your baking, shopping and Lord knows what else can cause anybody to have a break down.  

So lets try to avoid that this year, okay?!  With us all sharing tips and along with the best products to make our work easier, we should all make it through, fairly unscathed.
 
I've been thinking about an upcoming blog party I want to have.  It will be all about....
Prepping Your House for the Holidays. 
And throughout this holiday season I am planning posts starting with the basics of cleaning all the way to the dressing your home for your parties.  

How can you help?  I'd love to hear about your tips and tricks to make the cleaning easier.  Maybe you know how to make the baking easier or is organizing your specialty?  Well, I'd love to hear tips for all of that and I know you would too.

Do you have a product that you would like to advertise?  This is the place to do it.  I'm also looking for artist and creative people that want to get the word out about their shops and homemade items like cards and ornaments.    I'm planning reviews and giveaways throughout this who season with national companies and I want to also highlight cottage business' too.  You'll have your item spotlighted here on Cotton Pickin Cute, as well as links to your shop or blog and a button on my side bar.  That's a lot of advertising and it can really boost your exposure!  So if you are interested in being a sponsor you can contact me here for more information.

I'm also looking for a blog designer that would like to be featured here in exchange for some blog work.

Check back everyday for some holiday talk here ya'll!

P.S.  Don't forget to enter my giveaway here!!!

7 comments:

  1. Ooooooooooh, I can't let my husband see those photos - he'll think someone was here taking pix! I think I need to get busy, busy, busy - but first I have a couple of swaps to finish :)
    Jane-Jacksonville

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for visiting my blog Tracy. Hope you can come back Tuesday for the final day of our "blog party". Your comments made me smile! thanks, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean -- I can't believe it is October!! Love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, I so need to tackle a room right now! I keep saying, "I am not going to let it get in that shape again".....Ha! October has gotten here in a hurry this year...but each year as I get older I think the time passes by more quickly. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for following me!! I love your blog! Cant wait to see your finished post about prepping for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for following me!! I love your blog! Cant wait to see your finished post about prepping for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could swear you were taking pics in my bonus room. It is definitly not ready for prime time. Maybe it's not quite that bad. Thanks for the inspiration to get busy. Ginger

    ReplyDelete