Discription

Everything Southern & So Cotton Pickin Cute

Thursday, October 27, 2011

So What Will a Dime Buy You Brand-New Now-A-Days?

Alot!  Just take a look!
One DIME for one item.  I'M NOT KIDDING!  Everything you see in this post came to a total with tax of $2.61.
An awesome grill set, in it's own True Living Outdoors case.  And yes, I did get the only 2 this store had.  You can see one in the background.  One was complete and the other is missing a basting brush.  Big woop, I can deal.  20 cents for 2!! There wasn't an original price on these.
Four beach umbrella's for a total of 40 cents!  Perfect to use at an craft show or anywhere else.  Look at those cute rainbow colors.  They clip right on your chair. Regularly priced $3.50 ea.
I really thought this was a great deal since I've been wanting some landscape fabric for the last 5 years.  I snagged up everyone of these for a 7 total and a cost of, yep ~ 70 cents!  Regular price $5 each x 7 = $35.  That's a savings of $34.30!  Can  you see me doing the happy dance?
What about these cute candle holders.  I took all 4.  I'm torn whether to keep them like this for the 4th of July or to change them up. Regularly priced $2 ea.  How much did I pay you ask.  Oh' come on, you know by now.  
Two 4th of July wreaths.  Regularly priced $9 ~ I would have never paid that and these will not stay this way.  I'll probably take them completely apart and used the stars repainted for another project and the wreaths for something else.
 This cute bird print was originally $6.  I can always change of the frame or even make something completely out of the box with it.
The ceramic vase was originally $5.  When I picked it up I thought I could repaint it but the more I looked at it the more I looked at it the more I liked the color.  Yes, that's a chip but hey, how hard would it be to cover that up with glue and something cute, or just turn it to the wall.  Shhh...don't tell anyone.
All this would have originally cost me more than $86 without tax and not counting the 2 grill sets, that I don't have the orig. prices for.  So I think I got over $100 worth for $2.61.  Woo-Hoo ~ doing a major happy dance!!!!

Don't believe it's possible to save this much on a brand new store items.  Here's the receipt to prove it.  I just happened to stop by Dollar General for a coke Tuesday and they had their summer stock marked down to 10 cents.  The sale is from 10/25 -10/31.


Hugs Ya'll...Tracy :)

4 comments:

  1. You are a shopper after my own heart!!! Love a bargain!! What fun treasures with which to be creative!! Have fun!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible my friend. Don't you just LOVE getting stuff cheap! If I have to pay full price for something I FAINT!

    xoRebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. You hit that sale at the perfect time. You made out in the best way possible! Awesome buys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoo Hoo!! I am on my way over there now. OOPS! They are closed just now. What a great day you had. So glad you racked up. I am watching to see what you do with them. Hugs, Ginger

    ReplyDelete