Discription

Everything Southern & So Cotton Pickin Cute

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Crafty Little Easter Baskets

I wanted to show you a few of the little Easter baskets I crafted this year.  They were so simple and easy to make. (Just click on the picture for a larger view).

Can you guess what the basket's are made from?  They're little peat pots that you can buy at the Dollar Store.  You get about 5 or 6 in the package.  I quickly painted them with some acrylics I had.  While they were drying I clipped some copies from vintage books to add.  I just brushed some modge podge on the pot and then the back of the paper.  After putting them on the pot I covered it all in more modge podge, sprinkling glitter on top.  Everything looks better with glitter.
I gathered some crape paper on the sewing machine and hot glued it around the inside rim.  Next is the easy to do handle.  I took my handy dandy hole punch and made a hole in each side.  A silver pipe cleaner with some bead made the perfect handle. 
Add some grass and a few tidbits and there you go.  Quick and easy!  What did you make for Easter?


Have a blessed day y'all! 


Quote of the Day
'People do not live by bread alone, 
but by every word that comes from
the mouth of God.'
                               ~ Matthew 4:4

3 comments:

  1. Those are cute. I've made them from yogurt cups.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really, really cute! You're quite creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea using copies from vintage books.....
    They're so cute love the glitter !!!TFS

    ReplyDelete