Discription

Everything Southern & So Cotton Pickin Cute

Monday, April 25, 2011

Covergirl NatureLuxe Review

This year I have been a BzzAgent working on the Covergirl campaign and it's time to share a new product and review.
This time I received the new Covergirl NatureLuxe Silk Foundation and the NatureLuxe Gloss Balm. 

To begin with I had to choose a foundation shade via the computer screen, which I wouldn't recommend.  Since I tend to usually go a little to light because my face does seem to be a little darker that my wrist which I normally use when sampling, I thought I would go a little warmer.  Well shade #350 -Oak was just a bit too dark.  This was definitely my fault for choice.   

With the first squeeze I thought uh-oh, this is going to be too oily for my skin and too sheer for my face.  I'm pleased to say I was wrong on both accounts.  The foundation has a light, silky feel.  I was happy with the coverage and the weight of the foundation.  It was light and felt like I didn't have anything on, very natural.  When you live in a tropical, high temperature, high humidity location like Florida, where the makeup can just run off of your face, you can really appreciate this. And I really liked the clean, fresh scent when putting it on.  I can't stand to rub a cosmetic in and it smell bad.  Even though the smells disappears, I don't want to hold my breath while applying my makeup.


Next I tried out the NatureLuxe Gloss Balm.  I chose shade #225 - anemone.  When I first saw the color, my heart skipped a beat because I though oh' no, I chose way too bright a shade for me.  Wrong  again.  Remember this is a lip balm so it's just a hint of color.  I can just image how pretty that little bit of  tinted sheen will look this summer with a little color on my face.  I love it now!  And I don't have to stick with just one shade.  There are 16 beautiful shades to choose from.  It's a soft moisturizing balm with a SPF 15 for added protection.  Because it's not a sticky waxy feeling lip balm it didn't last as long as a true chapstick but hey it didn't look  like plain old chapstick either.


Below I've listed a little product information.

Silk foundation:
  • Provides a smooth, silky feel
  • Contains refreshing cucumber water to help balance the creaminess on application
  • Made with hints of jojoba and rosehip extracts
  • Available in 14 shades ranging from light to dark tones
  • Oil-free, SPF 10 and dermatologically tested
  • Suggested to retail for $11.99


Gloss balm:
  • Combines the sheer color and shine of a gloss with the soft moisturization of a balm
  • Available in 16 versatile, beautiful shades
  • Formulated with SPF 15 for added protection
  • Suggested to retail for $6.49


The new COVERGIRL NatureLuxe Collection can be found at drug and big box stores nationwide.

I am a BzzAgent and I received the above products as part of a BzzCampaign.  I did not receive any financial compensation for this post.  All opinions are my own.

1 comment:

  1. I love to try new lip colors for summer-- for that price I can try a few!! Thanks for great info, Tracy. Have a wonderful day. :)
    Heidi @ Show Some Decor

    ReplyDelete