Discription

Everything Southern & So Cotton Pickin Cute

Monday, February 13, 2012

Time from Scripture Memory with She Sparkles & a Prayer Request

***Before I get into the intended post I'd like to present a prayer request.

I just heard from my sweet friend http://cindysblessings541.blogspot.com/, that they have had a terrible loss in their family.  Her precious twin granddaughters were stillborn last Saturday.  Her son and daughter-in-love are in  deep mourning as I'm certain Cindy and her husband are.  The girls were born at 26 weeks along and fully developed.  Cindy and the family were able to hold them and savor the time spent before letting them go. This was their first grandchildren. 

I hope each of you will take a moment to send a prayer up for Cindy and her family.  I pray that God comforts them with his unyielding love.  I know Cindy would be comforted by your prayers and any kind words of sympathy you'd like to share with her here.

~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥


If you've been following my blog this year, then you're probably familiar with http://cindybultema.blogspot.com/2012/02/to-z-memory-verse-challenge-d-verse.html.  I've been talking about her Scripture Memory A to Z challenge.  This year Cindy has challenged us to follow along with her while we memorize verses from the bible following the alphabet formula.

I want to take a minute to tell you about Cindy.  All  you have to do is take a look at her infectious smile to know she has something special going on in her life.  But she's not one to hide her light under a bushel.  Oh' no.  She may look like she has a secret but it's one that she just loves to share. 

As a matter of fact every time I see a picture of her or hear her name I think of  the lyrics from my favorite childhood Sunday school song ~
This little light of mine,
I'm gonna let it shine
Let it shine,
Let it shine,
Let it shine.

Hide it under a bushel? No!
I'm gonna let it shine
Hide it under a bushel? No!
I'm gonna let it shine
Hide it under a bushel? No!
I'm gonna let it shine
Let it shine,
Let it shine,
Let it shine.

Yep, that pretty much describes Cindy and her love for God.  She's always eager to share with anyone who wants to know more.  Cindy has a testimony that is one of  heartbreaking loss, redemption, joy, blessings and much more.  It's so moving.  So moving in fact that she filmed her testimony, re-inacting some of  the life changing moments of her story.  And though I don't know the details, I do know that she finished filming back in November and it will be ready to air on the Day of Discovery in early Spring.  I can't wait to see it!

Once again I got so excited telling you about Cindy that I got sidetracked.  I started this post so I could remind you to stop by for the next installment of Scripture Memory A to Z, which is the "D".  Let's look back over what we've memorized so far.  Don't test me on it.  I'm trying, really I am.


  • A - As for me and my household, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15b

  • B - Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved. Acts 16:31

  • C - Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

and now "D" -

  • D - Devote yourself to prayer, being watchful and thankful Colossians 4:2
But don't take my word for it.  I'm just passing it on.  Go to Cindy's blog and join the challenge.  It's never to late.  And while you're at it - meet the girl with the amazingly contagious spirit.
Hugs Ya'll.... ♥Tracy 

No comments:

Post a Comment