Discription

Everything Southern & So Cotton Pickin Cute

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Cricut Alternative To Thank You Cards

Hi Ya'll.  Thanks for stopping by for a visit.  Welcome to the new readers, I hope you'll take time to hop around my blog and stay awhile.  And to all ya'll who come by regularly - love ya'll!
I thought I'd share my latest Cricut project with you.  I just mailed out my thank you's for all the kind condolences we received after my MIL passed last month.  I didn't really like the think little paper cards that the funeral home provided so I decided to make my own.  I used the Doily 3 Frame from the Cindy Loo Cartridge.
On the inside of some of the cards I added a strip of patterned paper and I cut the wording out of the funeral home thank you's and layered on on colored paper adding so ribbon.  Lastly I stamped "So thankful for you".
Cricut wasn't used with the card below.  I just wet and tore the paper, used decorative scissors on the corners of the print I made copies of and trimmed with ribbon.
Inside I used one of the old hymn books that I've collected for a background to my thankful for you stamp.
I also made some memorial bookmarks to include.  Hopefully they will keep this in their Bibles as a remembrance of mom.
I just cut out the part of the funeral program and glued it to the back of these pretty images printed on card stock.  You can see the front and back below.
Thanks for stopping by.  Don't forget I have to giveaways on my right side bar!

I'm linking up to the sites below:







Pink Cricut






4 comments:

  1. Your cards are great. Mean so much more than those provided. Thanks for visiting my blog today. I'm a new follower.

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are so nice. It's the special touch of a homemade thank you that makes a difference! Stopping by from the Pink Cricut link up. I'm a new follower, and I would love for you to join my site too!

    Melissa
    myscraphour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are great! Thank you so much for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personalized stationery is alluring and elegant. I loved it

    ReplyDelete