Discription

Everything Southern & So Cotton Pickin Cute

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

From Humble Beginnings

What does this ram-shackle of a little house have to do with me, you might ask.  Well there is a story behind everything.
Whenever I think of our house I can't help hearing this beautiful, yet really simple song by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young.  
  • Somethings are just timeless.  
  • Sometimes the simplest things have the most depth, the most meaning.  
  • Sometimes new isn't always better.

 Our House by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
I'll light the fire
You put the flowers in the vase
That you bought today

Staring at the fire

For hours and hours
While I listen to you
Play your love songs
All night long for me
Only for me

Come to me now

And rest your head for just five minutes
Everything is good
Such a cozy room
The windows are illuminated
By the sunshine through them
Fiery gems for you
Only for you

Our house is a very, very fine house

With two cats in the yard
Life used to be so hard
Now everything is easy
'Cause of you
And our la,la,la, la,la, la, la, la, la, la, la.....

Our house is a very, very fine house

With two cats in the yard
Life used to be so hard
Now everything is easy
'Cause of you
And Our

I'll light the fire

And you place the flowers in the jar
That you bought today

This cottage was built in the mid -1920's.



These photos were taken in 1982.
This simple little house raised a family long before we came along.

This is only a peek into the past.  Come back later this week to hear a little more of this story and to see a few more shocking photos.


Be Blessed Every Day.........Tracy :)

3 comments:

  1. Tracy,
    OK...you have my interest now!!!!! Is this going to be a good story, I hope! :):) Sandy I know you could really do with one! Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi darling Tracy, just checking in to send more love and positivity to you all from across the pond.
    Much love as always
    Em xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That song is one of my all time favorite songs. I could always see me sitting in the kitchen with a cat on my lap during that song..lol

    Love the story...more please!

    Hugs and lovin..Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

    ReplyDelete