Discription

Everything Southern & So Cotton Pickin Cute

Monday, November 11, 2013

Peaceful Sundays & Randomness

Just a few random photos and blah-blah-blahing about my week.
I enjoyed time working in the yard.  Nothing impressive enough to show but the time with nature is worth noting.  Like watching a couple anchor down in a little wooded spot at the corner of our property and fish.

I stopped to talk to them asking if they were sport fishing or catching dinner.  I was relieved to hear them say "sport fishing" since there has been news stories lately saying that it's not safe to eat what's caught in the St. Johns river right now. They said they tell other fishers the same thing.  I love to chat with people I see through the day.
On one of our daily walks this week I saw one of Nature's hearts.  It's a smushed pinecone.  Shhh - don't tell anyone.
Like I said the yard cleaning wasn't really picture worthy. Me clipping two bushes lead to clipping more than two dozen but it's starting to look better.  Now if we could ever finish the outside of the edition we added to the back.  Oh' wouldn't that be nice.

The edition is much bigger than it looks because it goes the width of the whole house and since what you're seeing it the little T view of the house it's a lot deep in the majority.  I know - confusing but it's about 800 sq. ft. of additional space.  The inside walls have finished sheet rock and the ceilings have been finished.  It still only has the subflooring and the pot lights have been installed but the electrical needs to be tied in as does the a/c ducts.  We have a double doorway cut into the room from the living room (hidden by a drop cloth curtain) and I have a single door (actually hung!) between the laundry room and what will become my craft room (that's the area you see in the pic above).  So basically we have a glorified attached garage right now which no immediate plans to finish it.  More on that later.

Hopefully one day it will be what it was meant to be gameroom (Neil collects antiques so it's mostly a place to display all of the large juke boxes, etc.).  We plan on adding lots of built-ins which will include a murphy bed for guest. It's covered in large windows and has lots of beautiful morning light streaming in.  My craftroom will a little less than a third of it but it will be a glorious space to work in.
I love the fall weather we've been blessed to enjoy lately.  It's like coming to life after most of your winter hibernations - except ours is from the summer hibernation of the oppressive heat we get.  We're out walking again.  Which is a real blessing after I was laid up for over a year with foot surgery recovery and then a fractured leg.  I really thought I'd never be back to normal or have any energy at all again.  And even though I still have foot pain, it's way better and I can walk more than a mile now.  We even walked to the store and got my beloved Icee that I crave - A LOT lately.  Oh' it was a good week.

How was your week?  Anything special?  So of the most ordinary things are special.  I'd love to hear about yours.

Before you leave be sure to stop over HERE and enter the giveaway for the Neoteric Advance Healing cream.  I love this cream.  My hands & feet are so soft since I've been using it.

Be Blessed Y'all...
Do not let your heart envy sinners, but always be zealous for the fear of the LORD.
~Proverbs 23:17

No comments:

Post a Comment