Discription

Everything Southern & So Cotton Pickin Cute

Friday, November 16, 2012

Get Rid Of The Old

It's almost that time of year again.
No not Thanksgiving.  Not even Christmas.  That other time of year.  You know the one where everything's new again. When you feel like, it's the official time to make a new start.  Have you figured out what I'm talking about yet?

Well I'm talking about the New Year sillies. 

I love starting the New Year with a brand new daily devotional.  Last year I had 3.  Yep, that's right THREE -3!!  I had one on the kitchen counter that I could pick up every morning and start my day out right.  I also had one at my bedside to end my day in peace.  And of all places I had one in the bathroom.  Hey, just keeping it real folks.... You know you like to have reading material in the bathroom.  And you never know, just maybe it provides a comforting word for a guest who might drop by.

So now I'm on a search for new devotionals, a desk pad calendar, and a fridge calendar.  There's something nice about having a beginning to look forward to each year.

A couple of years ago I had a fridge calendar like this StickyStock Calendar from Paper Spring.  I loved it.  You just pull of the back and it clings right to fridge.  Yet there's nothing sticky left when you remove it.  No residue to clean up. BTW- 'm not getting paid or even receiving anything from Paper Spring, I just truly loved this calendar.  When I find something that works, I just want to share it with you.
     
What about ya'll.  Do you look forward to the fresh start the new year brings you each year 

That's the wonderful thing about Christ, He doesn't make us what till the new year for a fresh start.  Everyday offers a chance to start over in His name.  He provides us forgiveness. 

Christ Can Give Anyone A Fresh Start

Maybe your life has become less than you thought it would be.  Every day is the same old - same old, it's seems as if things will never change.  Your lust for life is gone.  Maybe it's worse than thatMaybe you're dealing with daily strife and contention in your home and just feel like you can't go on like this anymore. Nothing is too big or too bad for GODIf you feel any of this then I urge you to go to GOD who makes all things new.  Let Him change your life.

It you want a Fresh Start all you have to do is:
ADMIT that you cannot make that change on your own.
ASK GOD to exchange bitterness and fear for hope.

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.  The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.
                                                       2 Corinthians 5:17  

Now, right now, today - Your life is a blank pageA new day has arrived because YOU are new in CHRIST.  You can make it anything you want.  You never have to lug all those old feeling around again.  That's the gift CHRIST gave you when He died for your sins.  Everyday can be a fresh start thanks to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

Do any of you look forward to the New Year just to have an official start?  As much as I enjoy Christmas by the time January 1st gets here, I'm ready to pack it all away and declutter the house and make a fresh start.

What about daily devotionals?  Do you read them?  Do you have a favorite.  Why not share it here with me.  I love to read your comments.  So please leave me some comment love!

Hugs, love and blessings....
Tracy ♥   
 
P.S.  Have you thought about giving a daily devotional book as a Christmas gift?  My sweet cousin Bobbie gave me and Neil the day his mom died in January.  I thought that was the sweetest thing.  It brought us so much comfort during that tough time, but more than that it gave us something to share all year long.  I would have thought of giving one to someone in there time of grief.  I think it's a great idea. It helped us so much more than flowers.  Most of all I remember Bobbie every time I pick up that book!  It truly is a gift that gives all 365 days of the year.  In July - they'll be still enjoying that one gift! 

No comments:

Post a Comment