Discription

Everything Southern & So Cotton Pickin Cute

Monday, January 23, 2012

Cleaning Up and Cleaning Out!

Whew!  We've been busy.  I don't know who's more tired Neil or me.  Neil suddenly seems to have more energy them me.  I'm so grateful that he's up and outside and busy.  Our poor cottage shed has been neglected.
He really tackled a big project this weekend.  A project that's going to be a weeks worth of work.  You can see from the door above just how neglected things are.  Believe me we never painted the door blue. 

This is the storage shed Neil (I helped) built about 5 years ago.  The area you see him in is where we stored the riding lawn mower.  Since then we've bought a bigger one and it doesn't fit in there.  Don't worry we have plenty of other junk to fill it up.  The area with the now blue/green door is stack to the hilt too with Christmas and a ton of Neils stuff.  I was planning on using the main area as a pool house but it doesn't look like we'll be getting a pool. 
Bikes, pressure washer, self propelled push mower, table saw, tool boxes, gardening tools, even an old leather seat chair, I found and drug home.  Oh' and see my grapevine.  Jan and Feb is the time to cut it back, when it's dormant.  No dormancy this year.  It's already got buds on it.  Maybe it'll freeze in Feb and I can cut it back.  It's going to be 77 degrees tomorrow.
There's things going all the way up to the rafters.  Neil decided to pull it all out to build some shelves.  He started by just crawling over it all and taking measurements Saturday.  Then he spent the rest of the day pruning all around the back.  He worked so hard.  It did my heart good to see him out there.  I've really been worrying  about him.

Then on Sunday he drug it all outside and started building shelfs.  The day ran out way to soon and we had to shove it all back in just to lock it up for the night.  We unfortunately had someone steal a lot of our power landscaping items a few years ago.  I still miss my tiller and my rolling gas edger.  GRRRRR!!!   I have a feeling it was the neighbors landscape crew that saw me go in and out all the time. 
Yep it's a pretty big mess in there.  I like things really organized.  Neil does too and it's makes both of us sick just to open the door.
Poor Neil.  I think he was feeling a little weak here.  You can see from the picture that it's really only big enough for the old lawn mower.  Since the new one doesn't fit he'll use it more for a tool work shed.
This has been my main project for the last week.  Taking down 2 full Christmas trees.  I finally got all the ornaments and decorations, with the exception of whats on top and a few little others boxed up and ready to go back to the shed.  The box that's open in the front are things to sell and get rid of.  I've already put one tree away and just have to box up the other.  I'm passed tired and so ready to get this stuff out of my sight.

I was all excited about the possibility of getting to do some fun crafting this week and then remembered all we've got to do.

Monday, I've got a Dr's appt with the ENT Dr. and Monday night we go to the viewing of our friend.  Tuesday is the funeral.  Wednesday we both have go to the eye Dr.  Looking forward to that since I lost my glasses a 2 weeks ago and can't drive or hardly see without them.  I still have thank you's to mail to friends and family for Moms funeral.  Plus, I have 2 more giveaways to post on Tuesday and Thursday.  Not to mention a ton of ironing and general cleaning.  Oh' well staying busy is a blessing when you compare it to being depressed.   So thank you Lord for keeping me busy and letting me sleep well at night.

What's your week look like?

P.S.  Don't forget to checkout my Purex/Jockey Giveaway here.

2 comments:

  1. You are one busy gal! What a nice cottage though! Seriously! I have a little shed to store stuff in but looking at your cottage makes want one like that!!!! Happy Monday. Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Tracy~We've lived in the same home for well over 27 years, so you can imagine the collection of stuff we've accumulated. Last year was a difficult year for many of us. I've great hope this new year will be bringing a breath of fresh air.

    I hope you can stop by to see the Valentine surprises I've got in store. This week starting with...Pain au Chocolat. I'll put the kettle on for a nice cup of tea.

    Sweet wishes,

    ReplyDelete