Discription

Everything Southern & So Cotton Pickin Cute

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Dressing in the Hot South

It's hot.  I mean really hot!  So far this week we haven't been below 95 degrees.  Are you feelin' me?  While the rest of the country is excited to see summer, it's hard for us to walk out of the air conditioning.  So I've had fashion on my mind. On my mind is the key word here, I don't think I'll be going shopping. 

If you move here from up North you'll quickly see that the average fashion expectations don't apply here.  It's more casual and relaxed.  It has to be but does that mean it has to be style-less?  I don't think so.  I definitely didn't think so but I'd be a poor example of it.  Fashion used to be huge to me.  No not the Paris Hilton big bucks, newest trend fashion.  I'm talking, never going to the store in something that isn't cute and makeup was a must.  While I don't think I'll ever be in Style Watch magazine, I think it's important to feel good about yourself, and fashion does matter.  Who doesn't feel better in a new outfit?  You know it's true.  The better you look, the better you feel.  I just thought I'd show you some of the cute things I saw while doing my daydream search today.

I would wear this print dress from Nordstrom anywhere!  Wouldn't that be the perfect errand dress or something cool to wear to the ballgame?   Machine Washable $96.00
I love the bold crispness of  orange!!  This spring wedding outfit was put together on Wardrobe 911.  Not only is the color and shape of that dress fabulous, but I LOVE that handbag!!!  The bangles are so cute and how chic are those stylin' sandals.  We're way over my budget here but you know what I always say...A Girl Can Dream.

More cheery orange from Newport News.


The jeans are on sale, I didn't check out the tee's price. Jeanology® 5-Pocket Classic Capri Jeans
Was $34.00-$37.00
Sale $24.00-$27.00


There's great choices out there in all kinds of budgets.  Now if I could just leave the comfort of my air condition.  Hmmmm,  well there's always online shopping.

3 comments:

  1. The 2nd outfit is a bit too much for me too, but, WOW! I LOVE it!! (And, I'm not a super huge fan of orange. LOL)

    Hope you're having an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please send a bit of that heat my way would you girl? We have been putting in a new patio and pergola. Finally got that done but weather won't cooperate for us to give it a brick border. I know it's just going to be hot hot one day. Love the cute outfits. I'm not a fashion diva, but always like looking a little put together, if you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will trade ya for a little bit! It was close to 30 degrees here yesterday! I am so sick of it!!! I love that orange dress. HOT!

    ReplyDelete