Discription

Everything Southern & So Cotton Pickin Cute

Sunday, May 1, 2011

iShine Bible Just Right for Tweens Review

I really hope my readers take time to read this review.  That's how much I think of this brilliant idea to keep young people excited about the Bible.  

I'm on a mission this year.  A mission to gift each of my family members a Bible for Christmas this year.  In the past year I've really come to appreciate just  how much my Bible means to me.  I've thought several times about sending a note to the couple who gave it to me when I was only 18.  It was a first Christmas gift from my ex husbands Aunt and Uncle (more like cousins since they were close to our age).  This wasn't my first Bible but this was the time when the New Living Translation was...well, new.  That bible is still on my bedside today.  It's worn, highlighted and note filled from years of crying, praying and rejoicing with it.  I have a study bible which I love now but I still use this smaller easy to handle bible regularly too.  


I've thought how important this would be to my son after I'm gone.  A way to see my thoughts that I've marked.  Lessons learn, praises gratefully offered, prayers prayed upon.  It dawned on me how much I wanted my family members to have a special bible long after I've passed.

Thanks to Tyndale Publishers for providing me with both versions of the iShine bible.  I'm happy to be a member of the Tyndale Blog Network and I really love these.  They are a compact Bible for "tweens" with a hip look that says this is mine!  iShine is an easy to understand New Living Translation of the Bible.

The following is taken from the back of the packaging:

This Bible was created specifically for you.  The Bible is God's way of telling us about who He is and who we are.  This Bible is about helping you understand how God looks at you and will help you face the most important decisions of your life.


The iShine Bible helps tweens understand their Value, Identity, and Purpose (VIP). Tweens will see
  • how they are valued by God
  • how their identity is found in Jesus
  • and the purpose that they have because of this.
But that's not all.  You'll find lots of features in here just for tweens about real-life issues and questions that you face.  These include info on what the Bible is, how to find your identy in Christ, and how to grow in you faith.  Plus, there's a cool section in the front called the "iShine index" so when you think of and issue or question you have, just look here and it'll give you advice and tell you where the Bible talks about that very issue.


There is a version for both girls and boys.  The boys is a charcoal gray with yellow highlights with a soft supple leather like cover.
The inserts in the Bible which talk directly to tweens are not gender specific.  Only the outside covers seem directed at either boy or girl.  There are lots of girls that just aren't into pink and I'm sure would like the rock (boy) version better.
The two-toned girls version is called Lip Sync Pink and Rockin' Ruby.  It's made of a leather-like material that is so soft and even has some shiny silver sparkle on it for that bling factor.  It's 6 1/2 x 4 1/2" size makes it easy to handle and convenient to carry.  The writing not quite big enough for someone my age and I can still read it easy enough, but I wouldn't have had any trouble at the tween age.  I also love the motto of the NLT - "The Truth Made CLEAR".
I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to get 2 more of these.  One for my Granddaughter Ki'a and the rock one for my Grandson Zack.  I really love them and think this is an exciting way to keep the tween age kids interested in the Bible.  I'd give this a strong 5 stars!!!
iShine ~ Totally for tweens!
A positive way to keep the Bible in the hands of  your tweens at such a critical age.
My prayers go out to all who have been devastated by the recent weather disasters in the South.  Both those who have lost everything or so much and those that have been mentally devastated and overwhelmed by the dramatic scenes.
  Lots of love and good wishes on this beautiful Sunday.   Hugs...Tracy :)
Disclosure:   I was not paid for my honest review of these Bibles.  I was given both by Tyndale Publishers so that I could share an accurate and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment