Discription

Everything Southern & So Cotton Pickin Cute

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

TRESemme Color Revitalize Review

Being apart of the BzzAgent community I'm lucky enough to get the opportunity to try products I don't normally use.  The past week I was sent two full size bottles of TRESemme Color Revitalize shampoo and conditioner.  Thanks BzzAgent.
I don't know about most of you but I find a shampoo and conditioner I like and I usually stick with it at least 9 months to a year and then I mix it up and try something else.  I've colored my hair for more years than I care to admit and the one thing I really hate is how some products seem to cause the color to fade to a dull shade fairly quickly.   That's why I'm really glad to have the chance to try the Color Revitalize Shampoo and Conditioner.  

Neil and I don't normally share shampoo since he likes one that makes his hair lay better and doesn't want anything heavy that makes it seem too oily to quick.  I on the other hand am looking for something to treat the dryness of colored hair, while protecting the color and also adding volume.  Just last week it was time to purchase both products and we decided on one we would use together.  I'm not going to share the name with you because I didn't like it.  It felt really heavy in my hair and yet at the same time it seemed like my hair was really dry while rinsing it out.  Does that make sense.  I didn't care for the smell either, needless to say I was going to have to go buy something else.  Well TRESemme came along at just the right time.  

So what do I think of it?  I'm really happy with it.  No more feeling like I was running my fingers through dry tangled hair in the shower.  The conditioner also left my hair feeling silky smooth and easy to comb out.  My hair never felt heavy afterward and laid very smooth after blow drying.  The thing I'm looking forward to the most is, seeing if my color will last longer?.  My color needs a touch up now and I plan to do that by the end of the week.  So this will be the perfect chance to test it's color steadfastness over a few weeks. I'll be sharing my results with you again in a few weeks. TRESemme Color Revitalize says it protects hair and helps retain color for up to 40 washes.  The smell is pleasant with a sort of sweet scent but I do prefer a more coconut scent or clean scent. 


You can find TRESemme at grocery and drug stores and big box retailers including Target and Walmart.  And the price is great, the suggested retail is $4.49 per 32oz bottle, though I found it priced at $3.89.  Salon Performance without paying salon prices.


Thanks again to TRESemme and BzzAgent for allowing me to participate in this campaign.


Disclosure:  I was provided with with the product mention above so that I could review it.  I was not paid for my true and honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment