Discription

Everything Southern & So Cotton Pickin Cute

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Get Paper Creative in the Kitchen with Delightful Order

Yesterday I stopped by Delightful Order to visit DaNita.  She is a favorite blogger of mine.  Along with being one of the nicest girls you will ever find, she has a God given passion for creating a loving home for her family and sharing her thoughts, tips and creative ideas with anyone interested.


DaNita has created the cutest Personalize Recipe Box.  Now I'm just itching to do something similar.  I thought I'd start out by showing you the one I've been using for close to 10 years.  It's not a tradition file box.  I wanted something that would look pretty on my counter.  One day while shopping I saw this whatever box and was thinking there has to be a useful purpose for this.  I love things to do more than just decorate.  It dawned on me that it would probably work great as a recipe box.
I had no clue when I bought it, that my file cards from my old Great American Recipes (1988) would fit in it.  They did fit - perfectly.   See that huge stack of papers sitting on top?  I'm much better at collecting them, them filing or cooking with them.  That's probably why the velvet lined box looks as clean as it does. 

Well at least photographing the box ended with me filing all those overflowing recipes away.
Now, let me introduce you to the cutest recipe file box.  I'm sure Martha Stewart wishes she'd come up with this one.  DaNita made this starting with an unfinished box (from Craft Warehouse).  She cut and modge podged her little heart out.
Just look at the cute and oh' so useful dividers she made!  I'm so jealous envious of her.  She really took the time to decorate everything.  All the scrap paper layered is so cute and I'm totally loving the Bible verses that she used.
Not only are the divider cards super cute, check out how she amped each one up a notch with her attention to detail.  How awesome is that?  I think I'd just have to show off my file box to anyone who ate at my house.
Recipes truly are about family traditions and the heritage of our lives.  What a wonderful keepsake for you children to fight over when you've left this earth.  I mean really this says almost as much about your families as your photos do.  Right?!  Am I right here?.  Give me an AMEN on that because you know I'm right!  This is definitely going on my long "create me" list.  Even if I end up keeping my box I want to get those dividers made and some of those cute recipe cards.
 DaNita doesn't actually have a step-by-step tutorial for this since she made it before she ever started blogging but she does have a few more pictures.  You can go here to see her pics and read a little more about this.  She has a wonderful idea for a wedding shower.   But I'm warning you now....You just might not get another thing done today because it's just so danged hard to leave.

Thanks for letting me share this DaNita!!!

Have a blessed day friends.........Hugs.......Tracy :)

Quote Of The Day

Proverbs 31:14-15
14. She is like the merchant ships, bringing her food from afar.
15.  She gets up while it is still night, she provides food for her family and portions for her female servants.

2 comments:

  1. Tracy!! You are WAY too sweet! Thanks so much for this amazing feature. I was chuckling at some of your words here! Your butterfly box is simply adorable!! Thanks again! May you be truly blessed, beyond measure!
    DaNita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post! Headed to check out DaNita... thanks for sharing, Tracy!
    PS- check out the latest sale on my blog-- your $40 credit will go farther this month! :)

    ReplyDelete