Discription

Everything Southern & So Cotton Pickin Cute

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Fall Crafting Includes Fall Baking

This past weekend I was in full fall mode.  Right in the middle of the crafting, I got a hankerin' for some fall baking, and I remembered a recipe I'd seen online.  Apple Walnut Bread sounded just right.
And since I'm baking and there's only 2 of us, sharing naturally seems right.  So out comes the 4 mini tube pans - pan.  Does that make sense?
Didn't they come out cute.  I love this pan!
I thought a caramel glaze would be the perfect finishing touch for these.  And as yummy as the glaze is, this Apple Walnut Bread is delicious even without it.
And this little cakes, really aren't so little.  Neil and I could make 4 servings easily.  Even though it's called bread it's more like a cake.  So yum-yum good with coffee!
Then it can time to share.  You know presentation is everything and these little cakes fit perfect in the styrofoam bowls I had in the cabinet.  But you can't deliver something in a styrofoam bowl!  Necessity is the mother of invention.  With a little help from some jute twine a plate size paper doily works out to be so sweet!  Tie on tag and you're all set to go.
Here's the recipes I used: ***Important Recipe Edit
The correct amount of apples to use is 1 1/2 cups, please edit your recipe.
Somehow it just taste better when you share it with a friend.

Sweet Eats Y'all...
Plant your seed in the morning and keep busy all afternoon, for you don't know if profit will come from one activity or another - or maybe both. ~ Ecclesiastes 11:6

1 comment:

  1. oh now I'm hungry & would love that enjoyed for breakfast with some hot coffee. I will try the yummy recipe soon Tracy :) I love those rooster canisters too!

    ReplyDelete