Discription

Everything Southern & So Cotton Pickin Cute

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Decorating with Old Glory for the 4th of July

With things a bit busy around here I haven't even had a chance to share my 4th of July Porch.  I always feel a big gush of pride when I'm able to hang up my red, white and blue buntings.  It says summer's here and there's nothing else like the 4th of July anywhere else in the world!
I've pressured washed the porch and it's all fresh for summer.
My red rockers look like they were painted just for the celebration.  These have gone from natural to yellow, to black, to red.  I'm debating whether it's time for a change again.  I hope to get some #paint soon and get the porch brightened up.
 I did repaint a few pieces already, like this little side table.  I made this simple little flag pillow last year.  More about that in another post.
 My former neighbor gave me the cute little bench before moving earlier this year.  She told me sweet memories of her children play driving a car on it and then her grandchildren doing the same.  I sanded and painted it with plans to stencil a phrase across the back.  That will happen soon.  The tin buckets above were from the dollar store a couple of years ago and I just got those painted in time for the 4th.  Notice my little white star on the back of the bench.  It's a carpenters wooden folded measuring tape.  It folds into the perfect star.
I found both of these lanterns in two different thrift stores last year.  One was from Ikea and the other from Big Lots.  Identical - who knew.  A little paint and another patriotic item for my porch.
The pillow was a zero cost diy project.  I took some linen like fabric that I had on hand cut 2 squares to the size I wanted.  Painted them and stitched it together.  I'll have a post about both pillows up soon. If you can stitch a straight line you can make these pillows.
I love the candle light as the sun goes down.


Well that's my little spot of Americana.  I hope you enjoyed your visit and that you'll be back soon.  I'd love it if you'd leave a comment.  They make my day so much brighter.

Hugs Y'all...
Tracy 

7 comments:

  1. Your porch is beautiful, Tracy! I love everything patriotic! Isn't paint that awesome, those chairs looks great in red but I know, I love to change things too, I guess they would look great in blue too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cristina!!! It's so sweet of you to say so. Yea, the red works perfect for July. I do get that urge to change things. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Be sure to come back often. Especially next week when 5 days of giveaways start. XO's...Tracy

      Delete
  2. Tracy that looks so beautiful!!! Like something you would see in a magazine. Very nicely done! Hope you had a great holiday and are enjoying your summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer girl, it feels like old home week here with you and Kate commenting! Thanks for making me feel so special with those comments. BTW - I was so lost at the twitter party. I have no idea if I'm doing it right and I can't imagine how y'all keep up. Whew! XO's...Tracy

      Delete
  3. Tracy, I love your porch all dressed up for the summer! I just wish I could come over and sit in those rockers with you! Your pillows are so sweet, way to go lady! Looks like you had a great 4th!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh' Kate, it's so good to see you stop by. I wish you could be here too!!! I'd love to have you over. I keep saying I'm going to get a swing too. I have the best memories of my grandma's.

      Delete
  4. I think your house looks beautiful and very patriotic. I do love the bright colors and how you set up your porch, just lovely!
    twinkle at optonline dot net

    ReplyDelete