I think they turned out pretty cute for my first shot at making them. These are easy to create and you could make them ahead of time. Those are two big pluses for me.
Like I said before this is EASY. It doesn't get much more simple. I only made 1/2 the recipe with just one pan.
Watermelon Rice Krispie Treats
Lightly grease (or line with parchment paper) 2 round cake pans. I used a 9". I would use a smaller one next time, just my personal preference.
1 box of Rice Krispies Cereal
6 Tablespoons of Butter
1 large bag of Mini Marshmallows
Chocolate Chips (Chocolate covered sunflower seeds look more real if you have them).
Green and Red Food Coloring
Green Rind Part
4 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
4 cups Mini Marshmallows
3 Tb Butter
Green Food Coloring
- Measure out rice krispies in lg bowl and set aside.
- Put butter and marshmallow in a microwavable bowl ( I did mine the old fashioned way on the stovetop)
- Microwave for 2 minutes or until big and puffy.
- Add green (duh) food coloring and stir.
- Quickly poor over rice krispy cereal and mix well.
- Put a little butter on your hands to keep them from sticking to mix.
- Put 1/2 in each round cake pan and push around the outer edges.
Red Watermelon Part
5 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
5 cups Mini Marshmallows
3 Tb Butter
Red Food Coloring
- Repeat steps above and pour into pans and smush.
- Let them cool for a bit and them cut them into triangle shapes like a pizza.
- Dip chocolate chips in some melted chocolate and place on treats.
The more cake pans you have the better since these will go very quick.
Wouldn't these make a great end of school year treat for classmates!