Discription

Everything Southern & So Cotton Pickin Cute

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Mary, Mary Quite Contrary How Does Your Garden Grow?

A few weekends ago I was able to get these beautiful clippings from the yard.  I'm hoping to go outside and get some new ones to bring in.  Fresh cutting make the house feel alive.
It doesn't take much to make a beautiful arrangement.  Green plant leaves add texture and can be used completely on their on.  I've got philodendron, ginger and ferns here along with some African Iris' and little wild purple blooms.
I love these shell ginger lily blooms that hang like a cascade of pink shells.
The Magnolia trees have started to display their big bold blooms.  Isn't this one huge.  Sorry about the dark pictures, the lighting is terrible in this room.
Hopefully I'll be able to reach up high enough to pick another one for one of these ancient trees. These trees are BIG and old.  Then maybe I can get a better photo.  They smell so beautiful too.  Now I just wish I had an orange tree so I might be able to get some Orange blossoms too.

What's growing in your garden today?  Pick some and bring in the sunshine.
♥ Tracy

3 comments:

  1. I love flowers in the spring...they just make me feel good. The shell ginger lily blooms are gorgeous. I have to tell my daughter about them because she is always wanting something new in the yard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy, your plants are so beautiful. I love the shell ginger and the magnolia blossom. Your climate is wonderful for flowering plants and ferns. Thanks for sharing.
    I have been working in my garden all weekend. Hope to have some pics to offer soon.
    Love to you and Neil, Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty blooms! I have always envied you who get to have magnolia. They are just a dream here in the Pacific Northwest.

    ReplyDelete