Discription

Everything Southern & So Cotton Pickin Cute

Monday, June 6, 2011

Walls

 I've been obsessed with walls lately.  Wall paint, wall trim, wall art.  My minds been spinning to the point of aching.  Have you ever had something on your mind that you just can't quite put together.  You kinda of know what you're wanting and you're sure you'd know it if you saw it but no matter how much you search you can't find it?  


The wonderful thing about the internet is that you have everything at your fingertips.  The horrible thing about the internet is you have everything at your fingertips!  Too much, too much overload.  I really do need a course on how to minimize and optimize my searchs.  I get started on something and then I'm just exhausted and still haven't really found what I want.  Like right now I want the perfect turquoise and browns in an aged map to frame.  Impossible to find.  

So if anyone has the perfect map with lots of turquoise water, some golden browns and maybe a nautical compass on it please let me know.  If you see any art like this on the World Wide Web, dirt cheap of course, please let me know.  You'll save the rest of my hair that I haven't pulled out yet and a half-a-bottle of Excedrin Migraine. 


I have found some really cute D.I.Y. art, while on my journey, i.e. lost in the internet jungle nightmare.  I thought you might enjoy seeing it too.


This is such a cute, simple cottage idea.  It reminds me of the loving safety you feel when at your Grandma's home, but with an updated spin.  I guess calico's and quilt fabrics will do that for you.  I found this on  Swatch Portraits on purlbee.com

I'm really loving the simplicity of this nest specimen art that Maggie created at Midwestern Sewing Girl.  Do you see the turquoise and blues that I seem obsessed with?

Oyster shells!  Who would've thought.   I'm totally in  love with the more steel blue background and the texture and color of the oyster shells.  What could be more Southern and summer than that?  Thanks to Modern Country Lady for this one, it's definitely on my to do list.
Beadboard is the epitome of the quintessential cottage.  
I love the use of display for your vintage collection.  I can't remember where I found this, sorry.  If anyone knows and wants to tell me I'd love to give the credit to the creator.  Btw - this wall color is about what's in my living room now and we have really loved it.  It was perfect for the warmth of the fall and winter but I'm ready to lighten things up.  Did you know that when looking at paint, there are a gazillion shades of white, blue, etc........UUUGGGHHH!
Can you see my obsession getting worse?  I want to go to Craftberry Bush's and play in her paint!!!  I think I need a vacation.
Wall art is just too expensive these days and I love the thought of doing it yourself.  How about ya'll.  Have you come up with some creative ideas on your own?  What about copy-catting?  Come on ya'll share some ideas with me before I lose it.  Okay at least direct me to a website or two.

Quote Of The Day

Beloved, surrender wholeheartedly to Jesus Christ, 
who loves you.  As you drink from the deep well of 
Scripture, the Lord will refresh you and cleanse you,
mold you and re-create you through His Living Word.
For the Bible is the very breath of God, giving
life eternal to those who seek Him.
                                                                             ~ Francine Rivers

No comments:

Post a Comment