Discription

Everything Southern & So Cotton Pickin Cute

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Well it's been a really busy week here. Neil and I were lucky enough to have my only sister (only sibling for that matter) Joni and her family come in from Atlanta for a few days. It was so great to see everyone. We haven't seen them since last July 4th. They missed the 4th this year but still made it.

Unfortunately we got a lot of rain while they were visiting. We did head to the beach one day but it was cloudy and overcast. The kids all went swimming but not Joni and me. By the time we left at 7pm it was really cold. I had to actually dig through the trunk and find a sweater. Can you image that - in July!!!! Just last week we had a heat index of 105 degrees. The cool air was wonderful. The rest of the time was spent enjoying the cool weather on our porch. We have a wonderful wrap around porch that Neil built that looks out over the river. I'm so lucky that he is willing to take on so many projects. The inspector said it was so well built that we couldn't have found anyone else that would have done such a good job.

Our property is lined with age old oak trees draped in Spanish moss. I don't know what we'd do without these lovely old trees to take the edge off our sweltering hot summers with the gosh awful humidity. They truly are a God send.

I don't have any pictures of anything I've made recently but hope to post some soon. Instead I'm leaving you with a few pictures of Jacksonville, Florida, the city of seven bridges (I know there's more). I've also thrown in a photo of the fireworks over downtown Jacksonville.

This picture is a beautiful purple sunrise over Fernandina Beach on Amelia Island where we grew up spending all of our summers.


The downtown fireworks celebrating the 4th of July. You can see the Main Street bridge to the right.


The beautiful Hart bridge over the St. Johns river with downtown Jacksonville in the background. This was taken not far from our home.


This is a photo of the Dames Point Bridge. When first completed in 1989 it became the longest cable-stayed span in the United States, the longest concrete span of its type in the Western Hemisphere, and the third longest cable-stayed bridge in the world. It crosses the Intercoastal Waterway, you can see the marsh in the background.



This is a view of the Downtown skyline from the old Ortega Bridge. It's gorgeous at night. I always thought it was one of the most romantic spot in Jax. Very romantic.



5 comments:

  1. hey how are you i love you so much love your niece michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are great....I'll be watching your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tracy
    Thanks for the comments! I am so very appreciate of your support and anyone else who agrees a person blog and how they chose to write is their choice! And let me tell ya there are some really crude ones out there! They would make a sailor blush! But like you said, you know waht you want to read and if you don't like it, just move on! What really got me P.O today was the nasty commenter said that the reason my life is not going well is because God is getting even with me! She then went on to blab I need to find God and she is a very Christian person! Doesn't sound like it to me,does it to you? Well I wish you luck and hope you never get one stinky nasty! And you just say s you please! Personally I love to see people that are open and show that life for them isn't all wonderful husbands, perfect kids and meals burn too! LOL Take care,Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey it's nice to see another local blogging! Thanks for the comment on my blog! And also for the Dames Point bridge info... that's awesome I am going to have to store that away for all pf our out of town visitors who it scares half to death!

    ReplyDelete