Discription

Everything Southern & So Cotton Pickin Cute

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Wrapping Up Last Minute Halloween Cards

Wrapping Up....Bwaahahaha.  You'll laugh at my pun too when you see todays last minute projects for Halloween.
I needed a couple of last minute Halloween cards and you know what that means -
the quicker the better and NO running to the store.

First junk up your table with a bunch of supplies, here's what I used:
  • Blank card & envelope
  • Gauze Sponges (you could use strips of paper)
  • Spray Adhesive
  • Halloween Colored Cardstock
  • glue dot tape
  • circle punch stamps
  • Scissors
Cut your gauze or paper into strips.  I made 2 cards, 1 white mummy and 1 dingy mummy.  To ink the strips I rolled the gauze and dabbed the rolled up edge in the ink.

To make eyes, use different size punches or anything to draw circles and cut out. I used orange, black and white cardstock.

Take your card outside with your fancy spray board and cover the front with spray adhesive.
Cover the card with the strips.  Add eyes to the top of gauze using your dot tape runner.  You can add a little gauze over the edges of the eyes to cover them a bit.
In word type your phrase on cardstock and cut with decorative scissors.
I inked the edges in purple for a finished touch.
Add tape to the back of phrase and apply to front of card.
I cut some scrap paper and inked edges to cover the inside of the card.  I even dingy'd up the purple piece. Mummies are messy you know.  I also used a piece of black cardstock under the Rap silly phrase.
 That's it - you're done!
I even made a mummy lantern to stay on theme.  This is really easy.  You will need:

  • Pickle Jar
  • Ace Bandage
  • Google Eyes or make your own like me with pipe cleaners and buttons.
  • Hot glue gun
  • Candle (preferably a battery operated one) 
Add a dab of hot glue and attach one end of ace bandage. Start wrap  That's it - you're done! Start wrapping the jar all cattywampus.  The velcro end of the wrap with self adhere when you get to the end.  

I looked everywhere for my google-eyes that I've had for years and of course couldn't find them.  Ugghh.  So I created my own ghostly eyes by making a circle with black pipe cleaners and adding some pearly white buttons to the front.  With a dab of glue stick them on the front and add a candle inside.  Cute hun?
Hope you've enjoyed the crafts I've made over the last week.
To see more take a look at my sidebar. I'd love you to leave a comment and let me know what you've been working on.

Have a frightfully fun time TREAT-OR-TREATING with your little ones.  Don't forget to be careful watching for little ghost and goblins in the streets.
Hugs Y'all...

No comments:

Post a Comment