Important: be sure to prep you chalkboard first by laying your chalk on it's side and coloring the whole surface. Just chalk it up really good. Then wipe it all off with a soft cloth. These will prevent the words you write, from permanently being etched in.
- Find a phrase that suits your mood or project. I've gone with Halloween. You can find lot's of them all ready to go on pinterest.
- Copy or type it into word.
- My owl board is an odd shape, so I needed to do a little adjusting. I used Photoscape to adjust the words individually and then taped it back together.
- Turn your printed document over and rub chalk all over the back. (It would have worked nice to have used colored chalk for this step.
- Lay your paper on your chalkboard and trace the words / design. I sharpened my chalk with a pencil sharpener.
- Using a permanent chalk marker would have made it even prettier but I want change my phrase for Thanksgiving.
- I added a little artwork (if you can call it that) to fill in empty spots.
If you've put off making a chalkboard because you're a little scared or don't have a projector either, then I highly recommend stepping out of your comfort zone and just DO IT! Even if it is the old fashion way. Be sure to share the link to your finished project in the comments. I want to be able to see it too!
3M portable projectors, I'd be the queen of chalkboard land. :)
Have Fun Y'all...