Discription

Everything Southern & So Cotton Pickin Cute

Thursday, December 22, 2011

My 2nd Batch of Homemade Christmas Cards

This is the 2nd batch of Christmas cards I made and sent out just barely in the nick of time.  Simple steps to a cute card.

First gather the items you need or at least what you know you might need.  I started with my broken acrylic cutting board (hey Santa, I could use a new one).  Basic blue cards that sold at Michaels for only $1.00, I bought them after Christmas last year for about 25 cents.  Red card stock and cute little printed Mary Engelbreit images printed on the computer. Decorative cutting scissors and glue dot tape. 

*Money saving tip*  To save money on printer ink, I take my images on paper or flash drive to Staples and have them print them.  I was able to get 6 or 8 on a page for $1.00.  You can ask them to print them from your flash drive.  When using a lot of ink for bold images like this it is cheaper.
Using the dot tape I just put the image on the card stock and trimmed with the decorative scissors.
After adding it to the front I added some of the red velvet decorating ribbon to the inside of the front and just trimmed the tails.  I didn't photograph the inside but used a simple Merry Christmas stamp in red ink.


Hope you enjoyed seeing them as much as I enjoyed making them.


Remember to take time between the rush of the season to relax so you can enjoy every moment of the joy Christmas brings with your families. XO'...Tracy :)

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards!!! It is something one of my daughters would do!!! I'll pass it on to her!!

    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to You & Hubby....
    xox
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. What special cards!

    Thank you for for sharing at Potpourri Friday. I wish you a healthy, prosperous and sparkling New Year!

    ReplyDelete