Discription

Everything Southern & So Cotton Pickin Cute

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Me and Cyndi Lauper

Lately, I've just said I don't give a good flip.


I've been feeling like I want to get my Cyndi Lauper on.  Not the young Cyndi above.  I'm talking about full out crazy lady Cyndi from 2013. The one who says all the things I never do.  The one who knows, no one pays her bills and it's all about having fun even when you're 61!  Oh' I hope I grow up to be Cyndi.  Oh' that's right she's ALWAYS been that way.  Still it's good to be Cyndi especially when you're 61!  I've got that soul buried in me too but no one ever told my voice.

Some days I literally want to get in the car and run away.  Did anyone do anything to crap on my day?  No, not necessarily. Sometimes, it's just a matter of wanting to have fun. Sometimes it's just a matter of wanting to hit the open road with nothing but my own thoughts in my head and the time to reflect without a care about anyone else.  Sometimes it's just a kick to cut loose!


Well on a particular day last week someone did crap on my day.  Neil & I grabbed a quick breakfast at a fast food restaurant and the dude at the register gave me a discount. A DISCOUNT!!!!  Say what?  Don't get me wrong I'm all about saving money but there was an issue here.  He only discounted one meal and it was MINE!  Big mistake buddy - I'm the younger of the two.   Seven years younger to be exact.
HAVE YOU LOST YOUR EVER LOVIN' MIND!

I could go crazy on your head for that.

Have you ever seen a woman jump across a counter and beat someone senseless.  I have, right then in there in my head.  I could picture me all over that boy.  Not a very dignified sight.  Oh' I held it all together, all the way till I got to the table and it sunk in a little further and I burst into tears right there in front of Neil.  Neil looked utterly lost and I could see it in his face, he knew this was a biggie.  No brushing it off, he could see I was wounded. And I could see the tenderness in his eyes. Poor guy.

I'll be honest, I felt pretty rotten for two whole days.  I had me a good old fashioned pity party.  And I didn't feel better until I saw this video of C.L.

My girl is tearin' it up with the Memphis blues and I'm diggin' me some Charlie Musselwhite too. He's has got it goin' on!  So take that you 20 something year old punk! You can't have this kind of soul until you've lived a little bit.  Turn it up,  don't hold back it's the only way to let loose.


Cyndi's got some cross between Bride of Frankenstein and Tammy Faye goin' on but that's okay cause this woman is feelin' everything that matters and everybody's feeling it with her.  Get It Girl!!  If you can go to the White House and say I don't give a flip and just give 'em you, let loose and let your freak flag fly, then you're livin life and not dreamin' about it.

Crazy doesn't have to look pretty, it just has to be fun.  I'm a crazy genius y'all and I'm not quitin' till the sun goes down and I'm buried in the ground.

Color outside the lines y'all, it's a heck of a lot more fun...



P.S.  If you're thinking of hitting the road you might want to enter my Ryan's, Old Country Buffet, HomeTown Buffet giveaway here so you'll have something good to eat while you're gone.  Just sayin'....

And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.
~ Romans 8:11

6 comments:

  1. Well I must say my friend...that at least I have had a good laugh this morning reading this. So glad to know I am not the only one offered discounts!!!! LOL! Hey, I will take what I can get. Now off to hear CL! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I can make someone laugh. I had a good laugh over it myself Cindy. :) I look at CL and think on no - that's not her, that's not me. I'll forever be the 80's me, well at least until I pass the mirror. Hugs Sweetie!!

      Delete
  2. You just wrote what has been in my head for the last few months. I feel the same way. Why is it so hard to let that freak flag fly? I've always LOVED CL from day one, and she's only getting better. Maybe because I am aging with her. I don't know but so many images of what I'd like to do sometimes fly thru my head, like JD on Scrubs. I hear ya girl, we are so in sync. I wanna let it all loose, it's been bottled up for SO many years, you get my drift ;)
    Wonderful post!!
    xoxoxox
    *hugs*deb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh' Deb you know we're are on the same level, strange plain that it is. haha. I've always liked her too. I'll never forget those MTV years. Mine's been bottled up way to long too. I think you and I would make a pretty good Thelma & Louise - minus the end of course. :) Thanks for the comment love. Hugs girlfriend!!!

      Delete
  3. I am a huge fan of Cyndi's too. I love the first photo of her. I had my hair cut just like that - one side shaved and one side long. And who cares about a senior discount? I'm thrilled that I can get them now ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never had the guts to do that Connie! How fun it must have been to be so bold. I bet you looked so cute, ur - cool. Yeah, I'm usually fine with a discount, probably Neil not getting one and knowing he's 7 years older just sent me over the edge. haha.

      Delete