Discription

Everything Southern & So Cotton Pickin Cute

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Grand Opening for new Pollo Tropical in #Jacksonville

Disclosure:  I received a press kit including a meal pass to facilitate this post. All opinions are 100% my own. 


Pollo Tropical is opening it's fourth (4th) location in the Jacksonville area on Friday, June 20th. The newest location will be in Bartram Park at 13776 Old St. Augustine Road. Lucky for you there is a giveaway involved, you just have to keep reading to find out more.


You know the grand opening is going to be a great party just from the fun press package I received!

I can't believe I haven't been to one yet! Shocking since I love trying new foods, and Caribbean-inspired food sounds so tantalizing!  But never fear, I'm fixin' to get my jerk on. Just look how appetizing their dishes look.


What is Pollo Tropical

Pollo Tropical is a Caribbean-inspired fast-casual concept known for its fresh, flame-grilled chicken marinated int a proprietary blend of tropical fruit juices and spices, as well as authentic, made-from-scratch side dishes, soups, salads and wraps.  My mouth's watering just thinking about it, what about yours?  These aren't your average fast food restaurants. We're talking made-from-scratch y'all, yet ready quick enough for drive thru service.



More on the grand opening

You know anything to do with Pollo Tropical is going to be fun right?  I mean that's what the Caribbean is all about.  This won't be any stodgy, boring old grand opening, there's going to be plenty of fun with Calypso music, robosurfers and local officials who will herald in the opening.

The opening celebration kicks off at 10am with a presentation by company leaders and local officials before the music starts and doors open to the public at 10:30.  A robosurfer contest on a simulated surfing machine will take place at 12:30pm, in which media personalities will compete for first, second and third place prizes in the amounts of $1,000, $500 and $250, to benefit their charity of choice.  See, what did I tell you!  And that's not all. The first 100 guests will receive a coupon for a free Create Your Own Family Meal redeemable on a future visit.  One guest will win Free Chicken for a Year, which includes 52 Be Our Guest cards redeemable for any sandwich or wrap combo, small TropiChop or quarter chicken with two sides. Plus there will be spin-and-win prizes. The grand opening festivities will continue through 9 p.m.

The new Bartram Park location will help better serve the Jacksonville community with their uniquely tropical twist on fresh, healthy, hand-prepared foods.  The new 3,800-square-foot restaurant will seat 90 guests and be open daily from 10:20 a.m. to midnight.

The grand opening sounds like it's going to be a whole lot of fun, so if you're in the Jacksonville area, I hope to see you there.  If you can't make it to the grand opening you can also receive a coupon for either a buy one, get one free quarter chicken with two sides or a $3 off a family meal by signing up for the Pollo Reward$ loyalty program.   I can't wait to come back with pictures to share with y'all.

Win a meal

And you know we're not done yet right.  Thanks to the wonderful folks at Pollo Tropical I'm giving away 1 FREE Create Your Own Family Meal with 2 sides and 1 Be Our Guest cards.  Que the confetti drop, now it's a real celebration.  Enter by following the simple instructions on the Giveaway Tools form below.  Be sure to do the mandatory entry or the others won't count.  Giveaway ends 6/27/14 @ 11:59 p.m. EST.



Life's Better Under The Palm - See y'all there...

Go, eat your bread with joy, and drink your wine with a merry heart, for God has already approved what you do.
~ Ecclesiastes 9:7

8 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun place to be! Thanks for sharing. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun Cindy. I love that Caribbean feel! I'm looking forward to trying one of the Tropi-Chops next time.

      Delete
  2. On my next trip to Jacksonville, I will definitely stop at Pollo's! I always love to find new places to eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just make sure you holla at me first Mary so I can meet you there! :)

      Delete
  3. We don't have one that close. There's one in Tampa and when I ate there it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been to Tampa in so long Connie but I love it there. Come to Jax and we'll enjoy it together girlfriend!! :)

      Delete
  4. My daughter & son in law both work in JAX so I'm sure we'll be eating at Pollo Tropical very soon. Looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does that mean you live close to Jax too Tammy? I know you'll enjoy it. Good luck!!

      Delete