Gather your supplies and cut and tie.
- Metal Ring - I found this one in the parking lot of our offices. Not kidding, it's a ring that holds hubcaps on. But you could make one from a clothes hanger.
- Fabric - I've had this in my stash for years, not knowing what to do with it. Decision made. I probably had about a 1/2 yard of fabric, that I picked up at our Humane Society thrift store.
- Scissors or quilt cutter like I used. Fold your fabric in half and cut strips. I went with 3/4" wide. Then I stacked the strips and cut them into approximately 10" lengths. *Tip: The width of the strips depends on the thickness of the fabric. The heavier the fabric the wider the width should be and the length will probably need to be longer as well. So try tying one before you cut them all.
- Get comfortable in from of the t.v. and tie, and tie, and tie some more. It goes quicker then you think and it's mindless so you really can watch your favorite show.
Decorating: Gather more supplies and glue and tie.
- Get creative and use whatever's on hand. I had these holographic hearts and glitter hearts I bought on sale at Michaels after Valentines day last year. 90% off. Woot-Woot!! .29 cents for a pack of the glitter hearts and the other hearts were like a dime or something.
- Jar of Buttons
- Hot Glue Gun
Add a pretty ribbon and tie them on.
Done and Hung.
- Hang it.
- Enjoy it.
I bet if you added up the cost of these supplies it was under $2.00 but I think of it as FREE since all used my stash and didn't have to go buy a thing. I'm all smiles!
HERE and HERE to see my Valentine pillow tutorials.
Okay, I shared, now share with me. What have you made (or bought) to bring a little love into your home.