Discription

Everything Southern & So Cotton Pickin Cute

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Heartfelt Thank You To All Who Have Served

Dear friends, on this Veterans Day I am at a loss after losing our own soldiers on a base here at home before even heading to the war. My son also served in Iraq a few years ago and my father and Uncles in WWII. I feel deeply indebted to those who have served and fought for our country. Also for those loved ones who stayed home to await their children's return, the wives who fought to keep their families together and took on the extra duties of their spouses, and for all the children who cried tears missing their parent who chose to leave to serve and protect Americas freedom instead of staying in the comfort of their own homes secure with their own families.

I could never say enough or repay you and your families for all that you have done for me, my family and my country. You have my undying respect and appreciation. God bless each and everyone of you!

5 comments:

  1. Aren't they special, sweetpea!! My heart is very sad over the recent shootings at Ft. Hood and it disgusts me to read about it. Those very my heroes shot down! I'll remember them forever as I'm sure most Americans will. What a tragedy. All I can say to your post is AMEN, sugar!!!
    xoxo,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely words hun! I give thanks everyday just looking at my husband who served in Iraq in 2003. Its hard knowing what ALL the men who served from the first war to now really go through and see. I thank God everyday for giving us men who are proud to serve and protect us. Big hugs

    toodles-
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen!!! and thank you from the bottom of my heart for protecting our freedoms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely true. We are all so indebted to our blessed troops. And as you brought out also to their families - that was such an important point to make.

    If you get a chance, come by and read my tribute to Veterans Day also.

    Talk to you later...

    Cynthia K. (Beauty and Blessings)

    ReplyDelete