Discription

Everything Southern & So Cotton Pickin Cute

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Getting Creative with the New Spellbinders Celebrations Collection

Being a Purex Insider you can usually expect me to show you the newest products to keep your clothes looking and smelling their best but today we're going in a whole new direction.

We're getting creative with PAPERCRAFTS!!



Today we're talking about the new Spellbinders Celebra'tions Collection by Richard Garay.  Richards new collection makes it easy for anyone to look like a crafting superstar. His complete collection features dies, stamps, paper, inks & accessories all coordinated to work perfectly together. They're making it easy for you to impress your friends with one-of-a-kind cards, gifts, scrapbook layouts & more.

When you see how these little kits make it so easy to create something unique, you'll realize you can make a card in minutes.  No more running out to the store for a last minute card that frankly, is less than impressive.


I was sent these two "make and take" kits that gave me everything I needed to create two beautiful projects, including an instruction sheet.  I changed a few things to make it my own, but didn't veer too far from their directions so you could see just how quick and easy they are to make.


I couldn't wait to create the "Celebrate Party Hat Card".  You can see I stayed with the original theme while still putting my own spin on it.


The polka-dot paper was two sided so I chose not to go with the pink. I have some decorative edge scissors so I used them to trim the papers.  Every time I looked at the instructions, the photo looked more like a slice of cheese to me than a party hat.  That's why I chose to put the flower at the top. Now that's a party hat.  I added a few extra rhinestones I had too.


I wanted to add a sentiment to the inside of my card since they included a set of 15 fun stamps that are made of photopolymer and feature cling technology so they can effortlessly adhere to clear blocks.  I love this set.  I'm going to be able to use it on so many projects.


I had a block and ink on hand so I was all set.  So easy peasy!!  A totally unique & cotton pickin' cute card in less that 10 minutes. Yay!


Time to create the next craft, which is the "Best Day Ever Treat Bag".

This was even faster than the card.  I cut the top of the bag with my decorative edge scissors and used my ink pad to add a touch of turquoise.  Glued the little "Happy Day" phrase they included to the tags that I also cut with decorative edge scissors, and popped on a little rhinestone.  After filling the bag with some candy, I wrapped the top of the bag with the twine included, threaded the tags and a sequin onto the string, and tied the bow.  Boom, Bam, Done!!


Every day is the perfect day for a Celebration!


Creating paper crafts is a fun way to pass the time and have something wonderful when you finish.  It's also a wonderful way to spend time with your kids. You can make something as simple or elaborate as you like.  You're only limited by your imagination.

You can learn more about Spellbinders, including video tutorials by visiting their website at: https://www.spellbinderspaperarts.com/Home.aspx

Disclosure:  The Spellbinders brand provided me this sample of Spellbinders Celebrations in exchange for this product review.  As alway all opinions are 100% my own.

Hugs Y'all...


But now, O Lord, You are our Father, We are the clay, and You our potter; And all of us are the work of Your hand.
~ Isaiah 64:8

No comments:

Post a Comment