Discription

Everything Southern & So Cotton Pickin Cute

Saturday, March 3, 2012

The End of the Road

We hear the same thing every time someone comes to our house for the first time, 'I never knew this was down here'.  You don't even feel like you're in the city once you head down this road.
And they're right, you don't.  When I worked, I loved turning down the road to go home and getting out of that backed up traffic.  The road is less than a  half-a-mile long but you don't even hear the traffic because we're at the end of it with.  This is my neighbors beautiful view on the point just past my house.  Except for the occassion sea doo's, boaters and row teams, it's as quiet as can be.

There are only 2 houses passed ours.  Their driveways veer off at the end of our drive.  And even then one house (you can see it here) has been sitting vacant while the neighbor was in an assisted living facility.  I just heard yesterday she will be coming back home and have hospic care for her after she recovers from a broken hip.

These two neighbors have been here as long as we have.  And that brings me to my other neighbor, the one who's owns the beautiful view above.  The one that sits right next door.  We've been good friends for such a long time now. 

She has a couple of daughters about my age and she's always mothered me a bit but she's so fun you'd think she's my age.  Like just the other night, I called her up and asked if the gate was locked yet and told her I'd made cupcakes.  He response, so did I.  She was just getting ready to pick up the phone and call me.  So what did we do?  We met at the gate as dusk turned to dark and passed cupcakes through.  What a peaceful feeling to stand in the quiet of the evening and chat with a friend that's bound to this land as much as we are.  It's comforting to know that she's there for me, just thinking about us, just like we're thinking about them.

1 comment:

  1. How lovely for both of you! You're in a truly special place, Tracy. :)
    xo Heidi

    ReplyDelete