Discription

Everything Southern & So Cotton Pickin Cute

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Are You Wearing the Proper Clothes?

Thanks to my friends for leaving such sweet comments and letting me know that your thinking of me.  It's been a rough weekend.  I have a splitting headache and don't want my blog to be all about that.  I'm keeping in mind that it will pass and the Lord will be my strength. 

This song came to mind while thinking about my sister and a little project I want to do.  It made me think of better days ahead and I want to share it with you.  Oh' and you're probably wondering about that title, keep reading and you'll understand.  I just got sidetracked with this song. 

It was written by and performed by Gale Garnette from Australia who later went on to play in many TV shows and movies including "Bonanza" and "My Big Fat Greek Wedding".


What a beautiful song to start out with on Sunday.  I hope your Sunday is full of sunshine and love.

Now back to that title.  This verse is why I named this post "Are You Wearing the Proper Clothes?"

Matthew 22:11-14 (From Parable of the Wedding Feast)
11 But when the king came in to meet the guest, he noticed a man who wasn't wearing the proper clothes for a wedding. 12 'Friend, he asked, 'how is it that you re here without wedding clothes?' 13 But the man had no reply.  13 Then the king said to his aides, 'Bind his hands and feet and throw him into the outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'  14 "For many are 'called, but few are chosen." 

 Reading the study notes I learned the meaning of this passage.

  • 22:11 The term proper clothes correspond to spiritual fruit that demonstrates real faith (see 7:13-27).
  • 22:13 Weeping and gnashing of teeth express the intense pain and sorrow that result from condemnation for sin and unbelief (see 8:12; 13:42, 50; 24:51; 25:30. *Outer darkness is a metaphor for eternal punishment.
  • 22:14  While many people are called-they hear the invitation to the kingdom-few are actually chosen by God and respond in faithful obedience to Jesus.
I'm so glad that I have a study Bible.  I've wanted one for years. While I understand certain phrases such as 'weeping and gnashing of teeth', I didn't realize what the term 'proper clothes' referred to.  I won this Bible though a giveaway earlier this year and am so grateful, as I said before, I had wanted one for years. Now I realize just how vital it is.  I'm not writing this to promote this particular Bible (which I love, if you can't tell).  I just wanted to share the verse this morning and thought it was important to share what I learned as well. If you've ever thought about getting a study Bible I whole-heartily recommend that you do.  Mine is the NLT Study Bible by Tyndale.

Now I have to go lay down and I'll be pondering the question about my clothes and what other people see inside of me.

Love and wishes for a blessed day ya'll.
Hugs......Tracy :)



1 comment:

  1. aww! I feel terrible that I missed your last few posts while I was barely keeping up in blogland! I'm sorry youve not been feeling well. as for chronic fatique syndrome, I know all about it.. well, I shouldnt say I know ALL about, but that I am very aware of it. There is a lot of it in this area actually, and one of the doctors that is an expert on it and has written books about it is from Lyndonville where I live, dr. David Bell. He has some books out if you google him you will find them. YOu may find them very interesting. I hope youre finding ways to cope with it, as Im pretty sure thats what you have to do. I'll send up some prayers for you. and as for what other people see in you? I see a sweet friendly woman, with a big heart who loves god and shares her faith.
    love ya!
    vivian

    ReplyDelete