Did you know that April is both National Car Care and National Informed Women Month? I didn't either but I'll never forget again. I was pleased as pink punch when I received and email from MyBlogSpark asking if I'd like to participate in a giveaway for my readers, sponsored by Shell, MotorOilMatters, and MyBlogSpark. Well of course I said heck yeah. Anything for my readers and plus they were good enough to give me a $35.00 gift card for a trip to Jiffy lube too!
I saved mine and used it today because Wednesday's is Ladies Day at Jiffy lube. You know I'm all about saving money. And here's a special little tip for you. The Jiffy lube closest to my house has their Signature Service Oil Change for $18.99. Since it wasn't Wednesday the first time I stopped by I decided to wait until Wednesday. Well since I was close to another Jiffy lube today I stopped by there first but they weren't offering the same special. Their special was $8.00 off and he quoted me close to $40.00 minus the $8.00 still left it around $32.00. I told him about the other, which is just down the road and he said they were a different owned branch. But he was very nice when I told him I needed to go back there to save a little money. Sure as promised the other store honored the $18.99 price as originally stated. So I left paying $20.32!!!! That left me a balance of $14.68 on my gift card. That will pay 3/4's of the next oil change. So I almost got a 2 for 1. Gotta Love that!
I was also totally please with their service and courtesy. They got me in and out quickly and had the nicest and cleanest waiting area of any car shop I know. They even have free coffee.
I know you need oil to keep a car running but beyond that I don't know much else. There is a couple of great websites to help us with that. You can visit www.MotorOilMatters.org (created by the maker of industry-leading brands Penzoil and Quaker State). M.O.M. (Motor Oil Matters) is full of informative tips, advice and educational games.
Did you know?
- According to a recent survey from the Automotive Service Association, more than 54 percent of customers who take their vehicles for service and repair are women
- Using a high-quality motor oil in the right grade can help maximize fuel economy
- Low-quality oils that do not meet industry standards or the vehicle manufacturer’s requirements could cost consumers in the long run by potentially damaging the vehicle’s engine or possibly voiding the manufacturer’s warranty
- Another reason to look to a high-quality motor oil – like Pennzoil and Quaker State – is that it is designed to meet the demands of today’s engines
Now how does a gift card for to use at Jiffy lube sound? I'm guessing pretty good! Well I have 1 for 1 lucky winner. Here the rules, we gotta have 'em.
Mandatory Entry: Please visit Motor Oil Matters and come back here and leave a comment below telling me what you found most interesting. (This is a must do to be entered to win).
(be sure to leave a separate comment for each entry. I'm not stupid but I do get confused easily.)
- Follow Cotton Pickin Cute (me) or if you already follow me leave a comment.
- Tweet about this giveaway with a link back to it and leave a comment that you did with your twitter id.
- Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/tonasun
- Blog about the giveaway with a link back for 2 more entries.
Good Luck ya'll. Hugs....Tracy :)
*Information for this post and product was provided free of charge in exchange for this post and giveaway from Shell Lubricants and MotorOilMatters.org through MyBlogSpark and doesn’t affect my views or feedback of the product or service.