Discription

Everything Southern & So Cotton Pickin Cute

Monday, September 21, 2009

Swaps are just fun!


Here comes Halloween and I have a Fairy Witch for you.

Halloween Button Fairy 2009

A close up of my fairy all decked out for Halloween.
My 1st button fairy 2009


Do you do swaps?

I'd like to know. I love seeing people sharing with each other and who doesn't love to find a surprise in the mail. It just makes me smile and makes the world feel a little kinder. This week was another first for me. I joined a QTA (quick turn around) swap on swap-bot. We were swapping Halloween Button Fairies. This was my interpretation of a fairy and it was really fun to make. If you look on flickr under button fairy you will see some very cute ones. This was fun and quick. I might try making some more of these in different categories of course. Wouldn't a Thanksgiving garland with pilgrims be cute and Christmas is right around the corner. Any ideas? Let me know, I love your comments.

A closeup of the vellum wings that I embossed and glittered - They're a little large which I'll keep in mind when I attempt my next Fairy.

embossed wings of button fairy 2009
Please share your latest creations and comments with me.
Have a blessed day....Tracy

1 comment:

  1. the swap thing would be fun..it actually motivates and challenges one more so that their creative side will come out with more fury...!! :) if i could just get the blog comment section to work on mine....arghhh..oh yea and more followers probably wouldn't hurt...hahaha..i need to be patient and give more of my talents...:)

    ReplyDelete