Discription

Everything Southern & So Cotton Pickin Cute

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Does Anyone Really Win Those BIG Sweepstakes? Read My First Sweeper Interview - Part 1

We've all seen them.


Those tempting adds that make us start dreaming of having a bundle of cash dropped in our laps.  After we come back to real life we wonder, does that really ever happen?  Does anyone ever win prizes like these?  Then our cynical side says there must be a catch.  Well lets find out.

My own experience says YES.... you can win awesome prizes but CASH, really?  I had my doubts, thinking it must be extremely rare to win once, much less more often.  But hold on to your hats because today is the first segment of my interview with Nicole Vosburgh.  
In my opinion she is
ONE MEAN WINNING MACHINE
and when you get through reading this, you'll know why she is the inspiration that fuels my sweeping train.

First, if your are not a sweeper, you're probably asking who is Nicole Vosburgh?  To get an answer to that question and more I went straight to the source, Nikki herself and asked. Lets get started with my interview and see what she has to say.  Yeah I'm channeling my inner Ellen today.

Aren't Ben and Nicole the cutest couple.

TS - Tell us a little about you.

NV -  I am a 27 year old wife and mommy to our 4 year old little boy, Tyler.  I grew up in Bucks County, PA and I'm still living in the area with my family.  My husband and I met at Word of Life in upstate New York in 2007 and were married in May of 2009.  It's been 5 crazy, but fun filled years already!

TS - How did you get started sweeping?

NV - I became a first time mommy 4 years ago and I've always known that I wanted to be a stay at home mom.  With my husband still in school, I wanted and needed to find a way to make money while still being at home full time. I noticed that a friend of mine from college kept posting these small little giveaways for little girls bows, outfits, etc... on her Facebook page and it got my interest.  I don't have a daughter, but I do have a little sister (who was 7 at the time I began entering).  So, I followed my friends lead and began entering for those little girly things.  It worked!

I began winning them and soon my mailbox became full of little girly things!  Well, my husband wasn't impressed.  We had a boy for goodness sake and here I was spending my time winning girly things.  Well, I decided there had to be a way to win bigger and better things, right?  I did my research and came to realize that there was this whole, huge community of sweepers and that they really did win...and boy did they win BIG things!  I became hooked and a dedicated sweeper ever since.

TS - What is a good month of winning? How many prizes do you win?

NV - A good month of winning for me is anywhere from $10, 000 to $20,000 (you read that right - THOUSANDS) in prizes that month.  I would say about 25 - 50 prizes a month.
~~~~~~~~~
Wow I didn't even know that people won that much!  I bet you'd like to see some of those awesome prizes Nikki has won.  Well I've got that covered.  Nikki was nice enough to send photos of just some of her favorite wins.  Let's take a look.



Nikki's done a great job furnishing her home through sweeping.  Setting a table with the dinnerware she won must keep her mind on entering more sweeps, even when she's not.


As if that's not enough to keep her focused on her favorite hobby, the food drives the point home.  Look at the huge amount of steaks she won from Omaha Steaks.  


Of course Nikki can't feed her family on meat alone.  She's doesn't have to thanks to her "Winners Never Give Up" attitude.  This lucky hardworking, positive thinking gal was the Grand Prize Winner of a $250 gift card to a local grocery store.



Lunch is covered with a big peanut butter win from Peanut Butter & Co. You know she has one happy little boy. 


Anyone need some milk to wash it down with?  Ben must love all the money she's saving him through entering sweeps.


Since she doesn't have a magic carpet she has to buy gas for the trip to the store.  No worries, she's won $500 in Shell gift cards to cover that.


When warm weather rolls around, Nikki takes her cooking to the outdoors.  There's no shortage of grills at her house.  This is just one of many, including the much loved Big Green Egg.


If Nikki doesn't win what she wants she can always go buy it for free with the stack of GIFT CARDS that she wins.


Oh' how much I would love to win a $500 Home Depot Card like she did.  


Maybe $500 just isn't quite enough.  If that's the case she can always cash her $10,000 GRAND PRIZE CHECK!!  


And for those really big purchases she can just break out this bad boy for $20,000 *TWENTY THOUSAND DOLLARS!!!*
Does this girl rock or what?  I wasn't kidding when I said was my inspiration to keep going and never give up.
~~~~~~~~~
Now if you are thinking Nikki's story ends here, well you'd be wrong.  We're just getting started.  Today I concentrated on a few things around the house and $$ MOOLAH $$.  We haven't ever talked about things like electronics, adventures and more.

Plus, I'm sure you're wanting to know more about how Nikki wins all these wonderful prizes, but you'll have to come back tomorrow for another segment of Nikki's Sweeping Story. She has an extra special treat for you.  Okay, I'll give you one hint:

Nikki is VERY GENEROUS


Wouldn't you love to have boxes backing up at your door like this?  I know I would.

I love hearing about other sweepers wins.  It's what keeps us all going when we're having those dry periods.  I'm really grateful to Nikki for agreeing to share her world of sweepstakes with us.  Nikki's not a blogger but you can catch up with her on here on Facebook.  Stop by and say hi, she'd love to hear from you and have you follow her.  Heck you can even stalk her like I do.  She's such a sweetheart. 

**Update - you can read the 2nd segment of Nikki's story here.


See y'all tomorrow...

Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment.
~ 1 Timothy 6:17 NIV

20 comments:

  1. Love reading this article! I have been friends with her here on facebook for a short time and love reading about her wins. It motivates me to keep on trying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking time to comment. Nikki's story ready is motivational. I'm glad you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Be sure to come back tomorrow for more on Nikki and a giveaway.

      Delete
  2. Shes awesome! I love watching her wins they keep me motivated! :) Great article can't wait to read more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same way Josh. Just by following Nikki's fb page it gave me a whole new drive to not only keep sweeping but to step it up a notch. Thanks fro coming by & taking the time to comment. I'll have the 2nd post up later this evening

      Delete
  3. Knew she was something special but didn't know she was all that. I want to learn about her techniques, time management, trips, followers, help, strategy, etcetera.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sure seems to have it all together, doesn't she. I'll be sharing more this evening (tomorrow morning at the latest. Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts. It's great not talking to myself. lol

      Delete
  4. I've been pretty lucky in the last few years. I win quite a bit, or at least I thought I did!! Most of the stuff I've won has been small items. Perhaps it's time to step it up, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Donna, I know you've been winning, I've seen that. Don't you think it's time to share some of those tips and wins with us? How would you feel about doing an interview? I'd like to do more of these. Let me know. Hugs....

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  5. She keeps Me motivated! She's awesome. I have been sweeping for 6 years. And I just try to stay positive. Can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 6 years Gloria? I bet you have some great wins to brag about too. Staying positive is really the most important thing. You just have to ride out those dry spells. I'd love to hear about more of your wins and tips. Let me know if you like to share your story here. Hugs....

      Delete
  6. Nikki was my best friend in college! We were both in each others weddings. She has a sweet beautiful spirit and one of the best people I've ever met. I love her to death!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, that's so sweet! Sounds like nice attracts nice. I've been enjoying your fb post too Megan. I hope you'll do an interview with me too. Just let me know if you're interested. Hugs....Tracy

      Delete
  7. I am very inspired by Nicole. I will keep entering these sweepstakes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicole is very motivating to keep entering sweeps. I can't do it as much as I use to since I went back to work full time. But I do enter when I get a chance even during my 45 min lunch break I enter sweeps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved reading about Nicole's sweeping! She works hard at it and it pays off! I work full time and have been sweeping sin 2009, I do very well for the amount of time that I can spend sweeping.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been friends on facebook with her for a few months now and she has kept me motivated during this dry spell I have had. I have had some really good wins in the past and can not wait to win some big things again. My wins have been nothing compared to hers though and I love seeing people win!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. No wonder no one else is winning. Nikki is winning everything......lol. great job Nikki. now share some of the luck.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW I am new to all this and I am so impressed Nikki! I am happy to get a bumper sticker or a trial of Dove soap and here you are winning some amazing prizes! I wanna be like Nikki!!! lol Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  13. I also follow Nicole on Facebook live her sweet, outgoing, caring personality. Love to see her wins

    ReplyDelete