It's time for day two of our Mother's Day Gift Guide. I'm really excited to tell you about Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil.
I knew just what my first recipe would be. Coconut Banana Pancakes. Sometimes we like to eat breakfast for dinner. Who has time for a big breakfast at breakfast time right? So after a day at the beach yesterday, that was fitting my mood perfectly. And this recipe is so easy and healthy.
I used the coconut oil in my pan just like you would and other cooking oil and I have to tell you not only did it add a great flavor but they didn't have all the greasiness your food normally does from cooking. Another thing I noticed about the virgin coconut oil was the clean, pure smell. I didn't have that stinky grease smell after cooking. There are hundreds of uses for coconut oil. You can get an idea by viewing the short 94 second video below.
Here are just a few of the things I plan to use my virgin coconut oil for
- Make your own Magic Shell Recipe for ice cream
- Use it to condition a wooden cutting board
- It makes a great massage oil
- Homemade Lotion Bars
- Use as a hand and foot spa treatment. Add some Lavender or Tea Tree Essential Oil for added benefits. Rub into hands and add gloves or socks
- Make your own Homemade Lip Balm add a little peppermint oil for a nice scent and tingling feeling.
- Mix with equal parts of baking soda for homemade goo-gone to remove sticky labels
- Mix with a couple of drops of peppermint oil an effective insect repellent
I'm all about trying to incorporate more natural ingredients into our diet but like everyone else I worry about sacrificing taste. Tropical Traditions is definitely one thing I will be adding to my kitchen pantry from now on. I'm excited about using it in all sorts of new recipes. I'm also eager to get some little plastic lip gloss jars and make my own chapstick and nail cream.
For more information about this wonderful product
- Tropical Traditions Home Page: http://www.tropicaltraditions.com
- Gold Label Product Page: http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/virgin_coconut_oil.htm
- What is Virgin Coconut Oil: http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/what_is_virgin_coconut_oil.htm
- How to Use Coconut Oil: http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/how-to-use-coconut-oil.htm
Remember to go visit Julie over at Mamawj's Moment Away to enter her giveaway for even more chances to win!!
You'll also want to be sure to come back here every day this week and enter to win a new and different giveaway from one of the great sponsors we have lined up. Click here to start at the beginning where you'll find each new giveaway link.
Stay strong ~ Live Long,