Discription

Everything Southern & So Cotton Pickin Cute

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Sweet and Spicy Popcorn

The grandkids are on Spring break this week and have been spending a few nights with us.  Tonight was popcorn night.  Well at least it was for me and Ki'a.  It seems she inherited my sweet tooth.
This is such a quick and easy treat. It's actually way too easy because I snack on it much too often.
 
Ingredients

4 quarts popped corn
2-3 Tbsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/3 cup butter or margarine

Directions
Combine butter, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a cup and microwave till melted. Stir until sugar is mostly dissolved. Drizzle over popcorn and toss until well coated. Sprinkle with a little salt at the end.

* Tip - I just put a couple of tablespoons of oil in my stock pot and add about 1/2 cup of popcorn kernels.  It takes just a minute to pop.  I like to pour half in the bowl and them add some of the melted ingredients stir and then add more.

It's that easy.  Now sit back and enjoy!  Ki'a is enthralled with CSI.  I don't know too many 10 year olds that like crime theme dramas like this girl.  She didn't get it from me.
A girlie girl who likes crime dramas.  Who would have guessed? 

If you try the recipe let me know what you think.  Do you have a popcorn flavor that your family enjoys?  Share it with me.  Maybe you have a different snack that you whip up real quick.  Leave me a comment so I can try it next time.

Y'all Enjoy. Hugs...Tracy ♥

6 comments:

  1. This looks like a great snack! I'll have to make this with my kiddos!

    Judy
    OvertiredMommy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll bet my grandson would love this. He loves popcorn and we buy the cheese popcorn, caramel, etc. so I need to try this one for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ive not tried the sweet an spicy popcorn yet,I do like it with cheese powder on it,id like to try an see

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm cinnamon and sugar on popcorn! now ice got a craving! never thought of adding the nutmeg!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I might make this. Looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never thought about adding nutmeg and in my popped popcorn. From the recipe, it sounds like it would really taste good. Thanks for sharing the great recipe.

    ReplyDelete