Discription

Everything Southern & So Cotton Pickin Cute

Monday, July 6, 2009

New & Confused

Hi ya'll.

Drum roll please......This is my very first blog. I do however have a problem. I get so excited seeing what everyone else is up to, that I can't stop looking at all the other blogs out there to start blogging myself. Ya'll know how it goes one blog leads to another then another. My heads swimming by the time I look at the clock which is usually around 12:30 am. Of course I go to bed swearing this won't happen again tomorrow but who am I kidding, I feel like someone with OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder).


I have so much to learn and am completely new to this whole blog world and all I can say is "What the _". To be honest until recently I had no idea what blogs were all about. For the longest time I kept thinking, I just don't get blogging. I don't know what the big deal is. Shoot, this is another reminder that I'm getting older and more out of the loop. Then all of a sudden like a bolt of lighting it hit me! I don't even know where it started but I found blogs on crafting. I first found these blogs: http://anniescupboard.blogspot.com and
Eye Candy Creations, Two totally different craft styles and I love both. I've always loved prim (primative) crafts and ornament. Sherry has a great way of repurposing items and her rag dolls or infamous. Eye Candy Creations are sugary sweet and if you love retro pink & blue this is the spot for you. I was immediately hooked when I found these sites. It still took a few days for the lighting bolt shock to wear off and to realize the wonder of blog world. There are millions of people out there that like the things I like and think the way I think. Amazing just because they haven't been it my neighborhood or city for that matter doesn't mean I'm the only one like this on the Planet. What an awaking! This is great - the flow of creativity I'm feeling - WOW (even if it is in my head more than anywhere else at this point)!!!


Imagine finding all these subjects that have real people attached. Other's who have a love of vintage and art and a belief in a higher more important entity than one's self. For myself there is Christ, The Lord, God, Our Savior. I just have a little bit of Polly Anne syndrome. Can't help it - it must have been from those five few months of the 50's that I was still in my Mothers womb. I've always thought I belonged more to the Leave It To Beaver generation, me being June Cleaver. But Cary Grant always got me too. Ever notice that most of the films from those days were all very fairy tale, clean cut and idealistic. I don't care - love 'em, love 'em, love 'em!!!


So who am I, you ask. Good way to start off this relationship with this new world. Very good question, I ask myself that same question, actually I have been asking it for quite some time. Apparently it took awhile for me to buck up and face the prospect of finding out. I think this is going to be an ongoing project/learning lesson. I know who I was and who I always wanted to be but really who am I now?

Well I probably need to stop here because this blog is supposed to be more about my love of vintage, altered art, mixed media and plain old craftiness. I have a feeling you're going to have to wade thorough more of these little digressions in the future, as I seem to get off track.

Just remember this is my first post and it will continue to improve. I have so much to learn, linking, posting, layouts and so much more... Please be patient and come back again. I'm going to try to get some photos up and post a little more about me and my life this week. Just for a peek look at some of the varied items I have in my store called
north-florida on ebay.

2 comments:

  1. I know just what you mean about getting side tracked with other blogs. I often think to myself at some point long after I should have gone to bed, "How did I get from there to here??" Your blog is pretty and very enjoyable to read. Thank you, swap-bot andi6

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're silly! i like that..ya'll..that's my kind of talking..i just started mine too..and i totally hear you on .."i can't stop looking at other blogs before i know it its 12:30 am..." lol..do that all the time..feel free to check mine out...gettnthebestoutoflife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete