|Disclosure: By participating in this public service announcement the good folks at My Blog Spark and General Mills will be making a $25 donation in my blog name to Pacer's Center for Bully Prevention.|
At Green Giant® we know it takes a lot more to raise a healthy child then just getting them to eat their vegetables. Kids these days live in a world that is bigger and scarier than the world we grew up in, and they need help and encouragement to navigate that world with confidence and pride.
Unfortunately one of the hardest things kids have to deal with is bullying. When a child is bullied by a peer it can turn his or her life into a daily gauntlet of fear and anxiety.
That’s why Green Giant® is partnering with PACER’s National Bullying Prevention Center and We Day Minnesota to help parents Raise A Giant and put a stop to bullying in their community.
What Does it Mean To Be A Giant?
Being a giant isn't about being the biggest or the best. Being a giant means standing up for others. It means lending a hand to those who are in trouble and speaking up for those who sometimes find it hard to speak up for themselves.
Studies show that an effective way to stop bullying is for kids to simply speak up and say, “That’s not okay” when they see bullying happening.
But asking kids to have the courage to stand up to bullying is a tall order and that’s why they need our help.
How Do You Raise A Giant?
We’re asking parents to write a letter to their kids telling them how special they are and encouraging them to be part of the bullying prevention solution by being a giant.
To get started parents can visit our community at RaiseAGaint.com and read the letters others have written.
Help Us Spread The Word:
1. Write a letter to your kids about standing up to bullying and post it on your blog and at RaiseAGiant.com. See the included tip sheet for help getting started.
2. Encourage your community to write their own letters and post them at RaiseAGiant.com
3. Share the Raise a Giant Video, Infographic, and Tips For Talking To Your Kids About Bullying on your blog, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter.
4. Change your Facebook profile picture to the Raise A Giant icon to show your support.
With your encouragement we can help all of our kids create a safer, happier world.
You can learn more here: www.raiseagiant.com
We have an online kit for you to leverage as you write your posts. Please see below for a list of what is included and click on this link to access.
What’s in this Kit?
- Letter Writing Tips Sheet
- Social Media Asset Guide
o Infographic – What You Should Know About Bullying
o Infographic – What To Say To Your Child About Bullying
o Facebook profile picture
o Facebook photos
We Are Proud To Partner With:
PACER’s National Bullying Prevention Center
- Green Giant is partnering with PACER’s National Bullying Prevention Center to develop The We Will Generation, an in-school student-to-student curriculum helping students understand how they can handle bullying.
- This partnership enables us to help those impacted directly by bullying – students.
We Day Minnesota
- Green Giant is one of the title sponsors for We Day Minnesota – a stadium sized event to celebrate students who are making an impact either locally or globally.
- By sponsoring We Day, Green Giant is able to provide tips on how to handle bullying with those impacted most – students.
Bullying is nothing new. I was intimidated when I was in school too, but what is new is the extent that technology has taken it. Kids are quick to push a button and suddenly it's everywhere. How scary is that. I mean once it's out there - it's out there for good. This can be life changing for a kid. I hope that everyone takes the time to use these tools to encourage and support your children as well as inform your children about the effects of bullying.